Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Office 2011 Connectivity (Upgrade Date of Release)
  •  
Markylush

Send a private message to this user
With the greatest respect to all of those who have made comment and answers before me, and of course to all of you that understand the technical nature of this stuff much better than me, I wish to add my displeasure to the amount of time that this release is taking. The following is relevant:

• Some of us are only recent users of Kerio Connect, me since last October
• No-one told me that this would not work with Outlook 2011
• Given the cost of the product, and the need to run a business effectively, I would have expected much better communication both prior to purchase and post purchase

Despite the obvious difficulties that Kerio are having with the upgrade the communication has been abyssmal, both from this forum and via their own resellers who seem to be just as in the dark as everyone else. My reseller has informed me that a connector will be available no later than the end of January.

Not all of us are technical people, and this was part of the sell to me - "set it and forget it" were the words used, and the reseller was well aware that the only software I had for the business was Outlook 2011 for Mac.

So, how about a customer focused approach and some positive communication on how and when this issue will be resolved or should we simply retrieve a refund and try something else?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm sorry to hear this and I would like to clarify some things. This forum is not an official company communication channel - it's for user-to-user communication and experience sharing. Watch the Kerio website (beta section) or Kerio blog for updates.

Current system requirements (including supported clients) can be found on Kerio website: http://www.kerio.com/connect/requirements#tabset-tab-2. I understand you might not get accurate information from your reseller but it is something we cannot solve in this forum. Feel free to PM me some details, I can forward it to our proper sales channel manager).

Outlook 2011 works with the server in IMAP mode as well as any other IMAP client. I don't know what 'connector' the reseller was referring to - Outlook 2011 will have a native support in the server with no connector middle-ware involved.
  •  
Markylush

Thank you for your reply which is appreciated. We are using Outlook 2011 IMAP with Kerio Connect as suggested, however this is far from the solution that we require. There is no connectivity at all for adresses or calendars and this is causing us much grief day-to-day.

The situation is not just unfortunate, I believe that it is a sad reflection on both Kerio and the reseller base. The user-to-user forum is blossoming with complaints, and to be honest we can see no light at the end of the tunnel, despite the up front investment.

A moot point here about the user forum, in that it is the only point of reference for any information and/or advice. There is absolutely zero coming from either Kerio Connect or the reseller base.

Our requirements are simple, and at the basic level of what any contemporary business could and should expect, and certainly nothing above the norm.

We purchased the product in good faith. You have let us down, taken our money and you did not communicate to me, the Managing Director that your product did not work.
  •  
cloud2

Your reseller didn't inform you, you should complain to him not on a user-to-user forum. Also you could have done a little research yourself but as you clearly state that you're not a technical person it's obvious you only listen to the reseller (that should have this knowledge).

Despite that I partly agree with you one the poor communication from Kerio this is still not the place to complain about your reseller.
Kerio had provided you with an mail address to file a complaint about your reseller and multiple suggestions as to where you can find information.

Now it's time to breath....think.....an decide if you want to wait another month for Outlook 2011 full integration (or maybe even longer) or that you call your reseller and demand your money back to find another solution.
  •  
Markylush

All done with PM to Kerio as requested. The post was a copy of my reply to Kerio direct in the interests of continuity of discussion.

Conversations have been had also with the original reseller today and another as well. They have both expressed complete exasperation with the lack of proactivity and communication from Kerio themselves and are being bombarded with similar queries direct from customers, many of them whom utilise hosted solutions provided by the resellers.

The point here is that they are very technically minded (its their business) and yet they are no better off than us.
  •  
cloud2

Indeed, they probably rely on the Kerio blog and a meeting or 2 as well.
It's sad that Kerio can't give a solid date but on the other hand that way they won't miss a very important deadline or end up with major bugs (hopefully).

I have the luxury of running the old Office 2004 / 2008 with my clients as long as it takes for Kerio to get ready.
And to be honest more company's should force that luxury. You just can't let sales managers dictate what software to use and certainly not install software which hasn't been trough testing of let's say... 3 months.
IT company's have the urge of bending over for their clients, and that way only getting themselves into more trouble.
Combine that urge with all those IT company;s that never do anything pro-active but only react to problems when they occur and you create a bad culture for yourself and company's alike.
We are now looking at implementing office 2011 for mac at one of our biggest clients, this process has been started around December last year and we are now at the point of running 2011 at our own personal machines. Now we need to wait for Kerio and then roll-out office 2011 at the company.
All with all it could take us to a summer roll-out but at least we now it will work damn good.
  •  
trnkyit

You should be able to do almost everything ( addressing & calendar(s) ) using webmail. I know that's a far cry from what you were sold, but it should work.... at least until the new KOFF for 2011 comes out.
  •  
cloud2

As RC1 for Workspace has come out today and Operator was released at the beginning of the year it seems clear to me that Kerio first wants their new products out.
I expect to see a release for Workspace within the next 2 months during which also a new beta and maybe RC for Connect 7.2 will be released and after that finally the release of Connect 7.2
  •  
GlennK

Regarding the original post, this is absolutely an issue of communication on the reseller's part. As a reseller myself, I make sure to make it clear that 2011 calendars and contacts will not work (yet). As far as the release, I have no problem waiting waiting for a stable version. The main competition (CommuniGate) doesn't have compatibility yet either FYI unless I am mistaken.

It's the reseller's job to know.
  •  
My IT Indy

This is 100% your reseller's fault for not disclosing this incompatibility with you. Not that talking about it here will do much, but Kerio's beta IS progressing and we are seeing results.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Markylush

Thanks for the replies GlennK and HoosierMac. So that everyone is up to date since my original posts I have now been contacted by Kerio:

• by PM to discuss the issue
• by telephone (and subsequent email) from the local (Australia) Kerio staff

They have also spoken to my Reseller. Their take on this is that Kerio have failed to communicate properly, both to the Reseller pool and also to Customers, and they eventually hope to improve. The Resellers unfortunately are just as in the dark as the Customers.

I was also given assurances about the release and the work that is going on in that space and am now very happy with the outcome, the communication and the current state of affairs. I look forward to resuming with a great product in due course
  •  
kossab

SORRY, but i dont understand, what is with the KERIO Team wrong.

The last Update from Kerio Connect is from 3th Dec.

and on 25th Feb takes out an Update for the Workspace?????

who interesting about the Workspace? Kerio Connect is the only and best Product from Kerio Family and the Kerio works on Workspace.

We need an Update for the Mac and Outlook 2011 !!!!! and not for the Workspace, noone need this product at this moment!!!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

kossab wrote on Mon, 28 February 2011 12:44

The last Update from Kerio Connect is from 3th Dec.

Last update is beta 4 from January 31, 2011.
  •  
tek_san

This whole discussion makes me tired.
Let's face it.
First time Office 2011 was mentioned long ago and even I got hold of a beta version in August 2010. Since then I am waiting for a timeline, when this version will be usable in Kerio.
Since last November, someone who needs Office for Mac has to buy Version 2011. Too bad, if the same person uses Kerio. And no! IMAP is no solution to Outlook 2011 users, Calender, Contact Integration and collaborative work are the reasons why someone uses something else that osx mail... And no, ical and addressbook and mail are no alternatives to that. Not for us.

We are lucky and do continue using our 2004 and 2008 Office versions.
Whatever Kerio is doing and they are working on, they have not delivered a working, final version to fully support Outlook 2011. Which is lame.
We are paying support contrats since somewhere around 2003 and this is done as we believe in their product.
But since putting out this great namechange from KMS to Kerio Connect, Kerio became more of a marketing company than still being a provider for a solid and often improved and updated Mailserver version. They have slowed down.
I am afraid of the next weeks as we could gain the need to implement Outlook 2011 asap after Kerio releases a compatible product.
I am afraid as I watched the blackberry integration and recognized how long it took to make it work.
I hope that integration Outlook 2011 will be working from the beginning.
Of course the next update of Outlook 2011 itself will come and again we will fear its compatibilty.
To make it short, Kerio has not delivered and is not making clear when it will deliver. It is a bit like Duke Nukem, it's done when it's done.. haha
We start to look into the market about alternatives to Kerio Connect. Maybe we have been into this product long enough. It's not like we will stop using it within the next weeks, but I feel more and more alarmed about the way things were done the last 6 to 10 months.

regards
Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
benjalamelami

Stop bashing Kerio. Go to Micrsoft if you believe its better. Or learn Linux and pay the price of being noob. I need the update... but surely I can work around with it. I mean... It is taking a little long... but I rather have a well finished piece of software.

Previous Topic: sorting by Categories
Next Topic: How many instances of BES with KOBC I can have with same mail server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:53:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00556 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.