Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Sync Connector, Mac, Contacts Syncing Conflicts
  •  
tonyswu

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We are all aware that CardDAV on Address Book is just not usable if you have more than a few hundred contacts. Well, we have 2000+, and we need to share the contacts between all 6 of us. So I configured all our iMacs to use Kerio Sync Connector and sync contacts only. I set it to sync every 10 minutes, and automatically sync changes. I've since then found a few conflicts. We didn't get any message warning about conflicts, but I could see duplicated contacts created with the same name. The funny thing is, neither of them has the correct info, and one user actually told me that a contact that she edited on (not the duplicated one) doesn't have the correct info anymore. It seems Kerio Sync Connector doesn't take care of conflicts very well, and actually corrupts the data even on completely unrelated contacts. Does anyone have similar experiences and perhaps can offer some tips on minimizing the chances of this happening?

Thanks.
  •  
GoldenHunter

Send a private message to this user
Don't think there is any working Contact Solution for the Mac atm (Entourage is the exception). The whole Contact sync has never worked for me. My Kerio Reseller also said that this is an issue which hasnt been resolved for years... (apparently its Apples fault).
Maybe changing it to manual synching helps? Lets just hope we get 7.2 rather sooner than later.
Previous Topic: Auto Bounce after email change
Next Topic: How to use the "change password" feature with http
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 18:35:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00357 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.