Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » HELP!! - Can't login as Admin (I've disabled some accounts and now I can't use the admin login)
  •  
simonw

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I've disabled some of the mailbox accounts before removing them and now I can't seem to login using the admin login. It just says 'Incorrect username or password'.

I'm pretty sure I have the correct password.

I can login to webmail ok on a remaining account.

Can I reset the admin password in case that is wrong?

Or is the admin login tied to one of the acounts I have disabled? Can I re-enable the accounts somehow if I can't get the admin login fixed?

Thanks in advance.
Simon

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2011 09:50]

•  
simonw

I've just realised that one of the accounts I disabled was called admin, and was probably the first domain we used - is this the 'master' account in some way?
Can anyone help me re-enable this account?

I just hope I'm not locked out of admin for this reason. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Many thanks,
Simon

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
simonw

Thanks very much Petr.

I reinstated the .BAK file as the live file and rebooted the server but it didn't work.
However I just looked at the new live file and in the admin section it had
<variable name="Account_enabled">0</variable>
so I changed that to a '1' and tried again - still no luck.

Do I need to restart the physical server to effect a restart of Kerio?
Or is there a way to restart Kerio without disturbing all the other users on it?

THanks
Simon

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2011 13:06]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You can't edit config file while the server is running. You have to stop the server, edit config file and then start Connect again.

Petr Dobry
  •  
simonw

Thanks again Petr - how can I stop and start Kerio without rebooting the physical server? And without access to the Admin screens?

THanks
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Petr Dobry
  •  
simonw

Petr, thanks for your help.

I didn't have the Connect Monitor running by default so never saw the ability to stop/start.
I have now,and job done.

Excellent support, thanks again.

Simon

Previous Topic: Macbook and Mail problem
Next Topic: How to Export contacts from Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:19:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.