Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Load Balancing
  •  
Khan

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I'm New with Kerio Control and i'm using it as a proxy with two internet (WAN1 and WAN2) links-Traffic load balancing Option,
and it's working one internet at a time. WAN1 one goes inactive when i enable the WAN2.

i was asking if it's possible to configure so that both internet links work at the same time.

Please if any one know how, help me!!

here is attached snap of interface configuration
index.php?t=getfile&id=2171&private=0

thnx

•  
benjalamelami

Well... to be honest. I had issues with versions previous to the 7.1.0 patch 2. If I enabled load balancing, there would be two alerts that would claim that both connections where dead, though, it would still load balance the traffic. However, if one connection did die, then you wouldn't had neither.

This all got fixed on the last version to me. Now, I dont have issues at all. Two internet interfaces, pretty much like those you have there.

Its pretty neat as it is right now. I advice you to update.

Regards
  •  
benjalamelami

Another thing you should do: get the debug log to register internet connectivity. Then take note of what is going on behind the scene.
  •  
diow

hi

try to make a difference network on a wan connection.

ex. link 1 = 192.168.1.1/24 , link 2 = 192.168.2.1/24

Smile
  •  
Khan

thnx a lot,,, i will try and confirm u back whether i m successful or not
  •  
benjalamelami

Another thing I had to do... Since Control determines if a link is available by pinging a specific host, by default the host it pings its the gateway. In my case, that is not a good solution because the gateway is within the same building... if the ISP has a problem beyond my gateway, Control will still try to use that link even though is dead. What I did is to gather a bunch of reliable internet hosts that allow pinging: Google, Yahoo, etc.. and put those to probe the link in the advanced options.

I tell you, even though I had the exact same setup before the 7.1.0 patch2, It didn't work. Kerio Support aparently didn't know this either.

A cool feature I am using is to have an account in DynDNS so that when my primary dies, Control automatically updates DynDNS with the correct IP. Thus allowing users that are not really aware of the IP numbers and stuff.
  •  
benjalamelami

The TCP/IP stack of Windows XP sucks for such solutions. I advice a different OS.
  •  
Khan

but in my case that i want to know; how to increase bandwidth network channel by combining multiple Internet connections through kerio control????

your replies are welcome

thnx again
  •  
benjalamelami

U dont combine. Its a load balancing feature. If one channel its to congested, control will route through the less congested channel
  •  
Khan

wow, so quick and precise ans...

but is there any possibility to combine two internet channels to increase bandwidth...?

i came to know thu internet at following link while searching study material about kerio control !!!!!!!!!!

ttp://www.twistysdownload.com/applications/109718-kerio-cont rol-7.0.0-build-896.html)
  •  
KCAP

Hi,
As i know it, this isn't possible, you cannot download for example a internet html page from two ip's combined it to one.
Also not combine a skype connection, then the sender must be sending half of its feed to one ip and other half to a other, this is to difficult.

What you can do is direct html traffic by one and for example bittorent trough the other.

Teun

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
ICT and Me

First of all. I agree with diow. Change one of the WAN IP subnet. Because there both within 192.168.1.0/24. That doesn't work. Kerio Control works perfect with load-balacing, but it isn't a concentrator. Look at the administrator manual page 58.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Khan

Rolling Eyes hmmmm

thnx.... actually i want to ask the same but could not make u understand,,,,,, thnx once again....

i am unable to download torrents behind kerio control,,,, what would be reason,,,?

can u help me plz!!!!!!!!!

thnx in advance
Previous Topic: DHCP relay agent in RRAS not working with KWF enabled
Next Topic: user logout
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:32:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00542 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.