Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Recording AutoAttendant Greetings and other Messages
  •  
Eriq Neale

Send a private message to this user
Now that Operator has been officially released (and thereby officially supported), we are starting to prepare to replace our existing ResponsePoint system with Operator. There are a few warts that we've found for an initial release, but otherwise the product seems relatively stable. One major feature that's causing large headaches for us is the inability to record auto-attendant greetings and other system messages from the phone interface itself. This one feature is absolutely going to keep us from being able to sell this product to customers. My operation is tech-savvy enough that we'll be able to fight through recording the greetings and messages to WAV files, upload them to the Operator box, then add them into the appropriate locations in the admin interface, but there's no way we can expect that many of our cusotmers would be able, or willing, to do the same.

What's the timeframe on being able to record these greetings and messages via the phone interface and not through the audio file uploads? And is that even on the radar for you? Every other phone system we've considered reselling to our customers has that ability, and it's actually a bit surprising that you're marketing this product as "just point and click" when this piece of it is anything but...

Thanks!

-Eriq
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Eriq,

Our opinion was that recording auto-attendant messages in a computer was a relatively easy tasks, especially after Operator was able to transcode audio files to the right format internally.

I do not have a timeframe for this now. Is this an important feature that should be prioritized? Opinions, anyone?

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

99% of our clients use the IP phones on their desk to take care of this task and it is a very simple process. It also MOST of the time sound better with less background noise compared to a computers internal mic. I personally would highly recommend this feature to be avail through both sources sooner than later. Is it a deal breaker ? I don't think so but it is something that most people prefer.
  •  
ICT and Me

I agree. Voice recording trough the phone is common used.
Users wants to record there own voicemail greetings etc etc.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Eriq Neale

I've been meaning to reply back to this thread for a while, but have been dealing with medical issues for the last few months, so it's fallen off my priority list for a bit.

The reality in my customer space is that there's no way I could sell Operator into a small business without the ability for recording greetings, prompts, voicemail, etc., via the phone. Yes, the technology to record audio files on a computer may be readily available, but with the type of office environments that would be a good fit for Operator aren't necessarily going to have either the equipment to record these audio files or someone on staff with the expertise to do so. PBX users have been used to recording prompts and greetings directly through the phone system itself for years, and that's going to be an expectation of any system that is presented to them.

Quite honestly, even though I have an extensive background in computer audio, it's going to be a pain for me to go through and record all the audio prompts that we'll need when we implement our Operator solution, and that's one of the reasons we haven't done so yet.

Please bump this feature request up in priority for a future release. Otherwise we're going to have to offer a "greeting recording" service for any customers that we might want to sell Operator into, and that's not going to be a service that we're going to be able to turn around in a very short time, especially if someone needs to make a very quick update to any of their greetings, etc.

Thanks.

-Eriq
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Eriq,

Thank you for your feedback. The recording of voice messages is an important feature and therefore it is included in Operator 1.1. Kerio Operator 1.1 beta 1 is already out in the private beta testing. Beta 2 will be published in a few days.

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

is Beta 2 of 1.1 Operator going to become avail to the rest of the beta groups or will it stay private ? I have had access to all the betas but I have not seen Operator 1.1 beta yet.

Thanks.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Do you have access to the forum "Kerio Operator - beta"? Members of this forum already have access to Operator 1.1 beta 1. Beta 2 is going to be public.

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

No I do not. I have access to Connect and Control Beta but not Operator, or for that matter Workspace beta forums. Would be nice to be added onto those since we actively like to test since we sell them also.
Previous Topic: Couldn't set /31 mask
Next Topic: Telephony card
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 13:57:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.