Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Active Directory e Distributed Domain
  •  
lirees

Send a private message to this user
Hi to everyone,

this is the scenario:

office01 ip class 172.16.10.x
server with centos and kerio
server AD windows 2008

office02 ip class 172.16.11.x
Server AD windows 2008 trusted with the server of the office01 and kerio

the both offices are connect by a vpn, in the office001 i have connected with "directory service" the primary domain of kerio with windows 2008 AD and all work fine.
then i create a distributed domain in the office02 with the primary domain of the office01. i see the users of the AD in kerio in both offices .
the problem happens when i try to login in the webmail service, i can't login and i give this error :

[24/Feb/2011 11:48:53] HTTP/WebMail: Failed to login. Homeserver of 'xxxx<_at_>xxxxxi.it' user is located on 'mta.xxxxx.it' server.

What I wrong?

•  
auara

Hi lirees

from my experience users can login only on their machine.

eg. user "A" is located on Head Office server, user won't be able to login from branch server.
  •  
lirees

the manual says:
If your company uses more Kerio Connect servers physically scattered (located in different cities, countries, continents), you can now connect them together and move all users across all servers involved into a single email domain (distributed domain).

I understood that the distribuited domain is like a cluster and each email that recive the master server it's replicated in all domain and so the user can connect with their outlook in each office, but maybe i have misunderstood .....
  •  
auara

lirees wrote on Thu, 24 February 2011 19:05
the manual says:
If your company uses more Kerio Connect servers physically scattered (located in different cities, countries, continents), you can now connect them together and move all users across all servers involved into a single email domain (distributed domain).

I understood that the distribuited domain is like a cluster and each email that recive the master server it's replicated in all domain and so the user can connect with their outlook in each office, but maybe i have misunderstood .....

I thought that "the distribuited domain is like a cluster" too.

But when I use this function it make me so clearly that "Distributed Domain is a solution to use several mail server with a single Domain"

Smile
Previous Topic: Synchronizator::setOnlineInternal
Next Topic: BES Express and Kerio - from exchange
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:31:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.