Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » BES Express and Kerio - from exchange
  •  
brightidea

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

If anyone is using Blackberry Server Express with Kerio and are experiencing issues, such as Blackberryagent using 100% cpu or stops running due to being restarted more than 10 times within 24 hours.

although i have done various things, and was tempted with incantations, this is what i think has resolved the issue for me:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType= kc&externalId=KB03304
Add the a registry string with the fqdn of the kerio server

in kerio profile configuration utility, put the server name as the IP address of the kerio server

in the kerio profile configuration utitily, put the maximum message age as something short (i've done 14 days)

stop all blackberry services and koffbackend.exe, uninstall the exchange cdo 1.2.1 that installs with the blackberry connector and install the latest version (currently 6.5.8190.0)
www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e17e7f3 1-079a-43a9-bff2-0a110307611e&displaylang=en
na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/server_express_exchan ge_nov_17_10.pdf

a reboot after this and and my bes express server has been delivering mail for the longest time so far (4 days), with very minimal delay (2 mins or less, sometimes no delay) - before all this it was daily or twice daily reboots to get things going again

one thing i am also noticing is that our bes server has 2gb ram, and with 22 BB's, and users with big mailboxes, it doesn't seem to be enough. so plenty of ram!

on top of this, things that might be good to know:

for some reason if i dont have the wireless setup on the blackberrys i've got (bold & torch), mail isn't marked as read on the mail server if read on the BB, bes allows you to create wireless profiles for this.

if you ever clear the kerio connector for bes cache, you need to keep in mind that any calendar entries created before that point, will not show on the BB - make a minor change to the entry and save to force it onto the BB, as it's modified date is then new enough to sync. you will also need to resend the service books to put the contacts back.
alternatively, just wipe the BB and completely delete the user in bes and reactivate

if migrating from exchange, make sure that you check the imported contacts, as any that were from accouts within the exchange server are not stored as a proper email address.
this prevents a full address book on activation

on top of this, if you migrate the outlook NK2 file (stores the autocomplete addresses) use the free NK2View tool to delete all the ones that are stored in exchange format (www.nirsoft.net)
also keep in mind that if they try to reply to imported historic emails from exchange users, it will fail unless they retype the address

if a user will eventually be a bes user, best to not add them until they get the BB, as kerio connector will still sync and cache their emails regardless, adding to the ram usage.

hope this helps.

Alan

Previous Topic: Active Directory e Distributed Domain
Next Topic: DNS BL False positives?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:24:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.