Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Release Candidate!?
  •  
benjalamelami

Send a private message to this user
I cant believe they are launching this thing as it is... While the platform itself is very helpful, I have found it to be pretty buggy!

- Am I the only one experiencing many documents unable to be previewed?

- Or the fact that the client cannot connect behind a reverse proxy?

- The admin with so few priviliges over the content of other users?

- iPhone support is pretty limited... and its not really complete. There are several bugs associated with it.

- iPad support still very poor (u need 3rd party apps, and they dont work good either)

I still have a few to mention, but those really highlight something.

I really like the easy to use platform, but I believe this is still a lot to be improved... specially with integration.
  •  
Pyromeral

benjalamelami wrote on Fri, 25 February 2011 21:49

- Am I the only one experiencing many documents unable to be previewed?

It is using OpenOffice library to preview Office's documents (doc, xls, ppt), images and PDF. Outside of this list, it can't do it.

- The admin with so few priviliges over the content of other users?

I agree, for me, it is the real problem. I may decide to delay my purchase ONLY because of this. So far no possibility to create groups of users, and only three levels of users are clearly not enough. See my previous post on this matter:
http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=18744

- iPhone support is pretty limited... and its not really complete. There are several bugs associated with it.
- iPad support still very poor (u need 3rd party apps, and they dont work good either)

Agree. And also the integration with Kerio Connect (at least a link in the side bar to see its spaces and pages, and the ability to share a link to other Connect users by a clic on a button). When we are on the road, it is important to have access to our e-mails and documents, the simplest way.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2011 22:07]

•  
Stanislav Kolar (Kerio)

Hello,
what problem do you have with the proxy server you are using? Can you describe what proxy server do you use and in what configuration?
  •  
benjalamelami

Its just a reverse proxy... which means when a particular address (eg: kws.domain.com) the resolved IP whould interpret that kws is to be routed to a specific computer within a LAN, thus avoiding the annoying multiple ports for the same domain and different web apps.

Its based on the apache... nothing uncommon or fancy to it. The page works very good, but, the client doesn't ever find the server outside the lan.

There was another post where Jarda tells, that KWS was not meant yet to be behind a reverse proxy server... back in Beta 4 or 5... cant remember.

I could post the httpd.conf if you wish.
  •  
Stanislav Kolar (Kerio)

So if I understand you well, the server is running inside a LAN behind the reverse proxy and the Workspace Desktop Client is running somewhere outside the LAN (in the Internet). What error message do you see after you try to "View the document on the desktop"? Can you send me the file log.txt you find in the folder "Kerio\Kerio Workspace Client"? (the folder is located in your home directory).
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Ben,

we are convinced that Workspace 1.0 with the current feature set will be very useful to a large number of customers. That of course doesn't mean that we've run out of ideas for improvements and for new features, quite the opposite.

Our development team is growing and we have quite ambitious plans for 2011. We'll have to provide more admin tools for managing the data store. We're starting a project to create an improved iPhone interface. We're working on integration with Kerio Connect - starting with calendars. We're not happy with how the sharing currently works - we want to make it more flexible, more intuitive, add support for groups and an ability to share with external users outside your company. We want to publish an API for developers. I hope you'll like the things we're going to release after 1.0.

If you experience any problems with document previews, please submit a support ticket. The rendering engine we use (based on OpenOffice.org) doesn't properly render 100% of all documents and we need to see specific files that are failing in order to fix the problems.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
benjalamelami

The error says: "Cannot connect to domain.com"

The sole option is: "Ok"

I don't have access yet to the logs. I will post them soon.
  •  
benjalamelami

Dear Jarda.

Thanks for your time. While it doesn't change much my thinking, it does give hope; which is the most important thing.

Please let me know what kind of data would be helpful for you so I gather and submit to you accordingly. Also, if you wish through here, or through mailbox.

I will be eager to submit such data.
  •  
andrewrob

For me the big things are admin access to all workspaces. I have no control as an administrator as to what people are putting on. And also as a business, we could have people posting anti company material on there and we would have no idea.

The second thing for me is duplicating pages. Our people have set up a template for all workspaces but unfortunately you have to design it from scratch everytime.
Previous Topic: [wish-list] Need 4 levels of users instead of 3
Next Topic: Understanding of Client/TCP Ports/Samba/WebDAV
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:16:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.