Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Quota per user (Set up of quota per user)
  •  
nausica

Send a private message to this user
I would like to know if you plan to add quota per user ? This could be good and more trivial than to count the items in user's box.
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello nausica,

I think that quotas are an appropriate tool for email, where every user has his own private mailbox and is responsible for keeping its size small and deleting old messages. In email, very little part of the data is kept in shared and public folder.

In Workspace, most data are intended to be posted into team spaces and shared with other people. Private spaces are certainly possible, but it's not the point of the product to provide a private storage area.

Also, the content you create in intended to stay in Workspace for an indefinite amount in time. When your quota is running out in an email system, the natural thing to do is to delete or archive old emails. What are you going to do in Workspace? Delete your old presentations that are still used by the team and are still as relevant as ever? What if different versions of a file are uploaded by different people? Whose quota is going to be charged then?

That's why I think that enforcing quotas is not as good an idea as it is in Kerio Connect. Maybe the way to go is to provide better admin monitoring tools. An ability to display a table showing how much storage space each user's stuff is occupying. Admin having permissions to browse all content and hunt down people who created content they shouldn't have.

What do you think? Would tools like this be useful for you?

Jarda
  •  
nausica

Yes I do agree Jarda. Quota don't seem appropriate. Visual display should be very good. Anyway these kind of tools would be useful.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Understanding of Client/TCP Ports/Samba/WebDAV
Next Topic: External storage
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:20:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00360 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.