Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Versioning ? (Do you think you could deploy versioning ?)
  •  
nausica

Send a private message to this user
Do you think versioning could be appropriate in Kerio Workspace ? In that case, Workspace could become a true Document system management...

Let me know if that could be a possibility
!
  •  
Anonymous
Versioning is available. Anytime you EDIT a file within Kerio Workspace or Upload a New Version (both options from the file drop down menu), the previous version(s) will be archived and available via History of this File (also in the file drop down menu). History of this File displays who Edited/Uploaded each version and each is available to download or link directly to.
  •  
macparamedic

"each is available to download or link directly to."

An existing text document was edited and overwrote the previous text. I can see the desired edit in the history, but I can't see how to access the previous text and restore it to the current document.
  •  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

Quote:
An existing text document was edited and overwrote the previous text. I can see the desired edit in the history, but I can't see how to access the previous text and restore it to the current document.

Hello,
go to a file context-menu and click on History of This File button. History of the file appears. Then click on the desired version of the file. The context-menu appears and contains following buttons:

• Web Preview - You can see the text
  • Download - You can download the document
  • Link to This Version - You can see link to this document and its preview

There is no such option like Set as current version. Please, use the Suggest Idea... in Workspace administration if you want to have this option in Workspace.

Best regards,

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
  •  
macparamedic

Tomas Rondik (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 06 March 2012 04:29

go to a file context-menu and click on History of This File button. History of the file appears. Then click on the desired version of the file. The context-menu appears and contains following buttons:

• Web Preview - You can see the text
  • Download - You can download the document
  • Link to This Version - You can see link to this document and its preview

Thanks for the assistance, but I seem to be missing something. Can you please elaborate on your instructions to go to a file-context menu?

While logged into workspace as a privileged user I don't see the options you mention.

Viewing the page when I click on the little chevron (not sure what it's really called) I have the options to Add to Favorites etc. I see the History choice and when I click on that I see the history of the edits, but none of the options you mention are available to me.

I don't see those choices in Content Admin mode either.

FWIW, I am accessing Workspace from OSX 10.6 and 10.7 using Safari 5.1.3

•  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

The text file which previous version you want to view or download is located in a file library, right? Place mouse cursor over the text file and click on it. The file context-menu which contains History of This File appears.

Just one more thing: didn't you mean a text in Text component, did you?

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
  •  
macparamedic

This is not contained in a File Library. It's a text component of a page in a space.

Perhaps my lack of familiarity with the terminology of the program is an issue for me in this regard. I'm definitely new to Workspace and I appreciate your patience and assistance.

Working within the Workspace web interface, I have a space containing a page with a text component. This is the component I wish to recover a previous version.

I can find a history for the space, which shows the creation of pages.

I can find a history for the page, which shows the edits.

Neither of these history lists offers me a History of this File. I don't see the word File in any of the history available to me.

I've attached a screen capture of the menu I see.

I'm apparently missing something.
Embarassed

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2012 22:52]

•  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello macparamedic,

It's actually quite simple. Workspace supports versioning of files uploaded into file libraries. You can download all past versions at any time.

However, nothing else is really versioned. We keep the history of changes, yes, but this history only contains the information on who changed what and when. The actual content of previous versions is not available.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jarda
  •  
NorthernAlberta

Hi macparamedic,

I'm with you on this one. I created an suggestion for it on their feedback page at: http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/73201-kerio-workspace/sugge stions/2616212-better-page-history

Perhaps if we get enough votes we can convince them to add the feature. I think they really need it!
Previous Topic: Kerio Workspace Client MSI
Next Topic: Workspace 2.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:00:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00500 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.