Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » guest access
  •  
mr.proper

Send a private message to this user
i try to compare "workspace" for our company (display & print) as knowledge database & wiki. the first look is very great because the usability is like a charm for normal users. great done!

here is my first question. it is possible to login as guest without an account? couldn't find settings for that.

thanks for your help!
  •  
Kedar

Unfortunately not. We are tracking this suggestion in our system.
If anyone else needs this feature, please vote by "Suggest Idea..." button.
  •  
Porterble

I too think this is a great idea. If I have put in information that I want to share with external users. I don't really want to have to purchase a license for all of them.

I am happy for guests to have read only access, or the ability to make comments only would be even better. Consider this scenario:
Architect creates a portal with the work of a project. Shares this with the client for comment rather than emailing numerous files. Architect just wants some feedback from the client, which is best done through workspace. The contact with the client would be minimal, most likely all the archictect users will need a license to update the job. It would be nice to be able to create guest users that still need a login and have the ability to comment but not change any of the rest of the comment, this would make it a better collaborative piece of software.
  •  
NuStiu

I agree with the need of read only +comment user.

It should be something like this : for every commercial user count the end-user should get 10 time more read only + comment user.

So if i get a 5 user workspace I will have an additional 50 users with read only + comments or "limited".

this way kerio can keep track easy of licenses and we can use it to amaze clients and partners.

Adrian
  •  
theostauffer

I evaluated Kerio Workspace as well. Very nice and easy to use, but simply too primitive as far as permissions and guest access goes. Add those and I'll look at it again.
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Theo,

we're implementing guest access into the next Workspace release. Are there any other reasons why you think the permissions are too primitive. I'd like to learn more about what permissions you need to set up.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
theostauffer

Hi, sorry I'm only responding now.

What I would ideally like would be the following:

The ability to set permissions on an area to trickle down. Unless one is working with Kerio Workspace entirely internally in a company, one would be sharing data and files with customers. This is ideal for, say, small design agencies, but one needs more granularity. If you want a customer to be able to add notes to an area where you've included a file, you would want to make sure that the customer couldn't view internal data he isn't supposed to view (this should work as currently implemented), but could also not delete data in areas where he can edit.

Better separation of accounts in the admin interface, OR a tree view to view users based on group membership. If one is to create accounts for customers, it would be very important to be able to filter out users based on group membership. Our users would come from AD or OD and customers would probably be imported on a job basis.
Previous Topic: Email notifications
Next Topic: Roadmap
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 17:25:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.