Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Saving a complete Mailbox (How can i save a complete Mailbox on an external Drive)
  •  
milchfisch

Send a private message to this user
hi there,

we are a small agency, working on osx with kerio connect.

as there are often changes in our staff, we are used to archive complete mailboxes for having new free mailbox-counts.

now we are forced to keep old mails save for some law - and some internal reasons. one way is to drag these mails and folders out of entourage/outlook and save them - but with some mailboxes which are containing more than 40000 mails, this isn't really a fine and efficient way.

is there a possibility to save a whole mailbox - without stopping the mailserver, logging in as root and keep them out of kerios data-folder?

thank you in advance for all kind of answers!
-milchfisch-
  •  
tek_san

If you intend to obey law you must not save the mail folder in this way.
What you need for example is an appliance that takes care of that.
It is mandatory that by no way you are able to manipulate your mailarchive.
Look out for something like the EMA Appliance http://www.advunibyte.de/produkte/321.lasso for example.
We use it since years and it has proven to be a solid way to archive large amounts of emails in a way that it respects german and also international laws of keeping emails like for example http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDPdU
regards
Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
j.a.duke

milchfisch wrote on Sat, 26 March 2011 10:58
hi there,

we are a small agency, working on osx with kerio connect.

as there are often changes in our staff, we are used to archive complete mailboxes for having new free mailbox-counts.

now we are forced to keep old mails save for some law - and some internal reasons. one way is to drag these mails and folders out of entourage/outlook and save them - but with some mailboxes which are containing more than 40000 mails, this isn't really a fine and efficient way.

is there a possibility to save a whole mailbox - without stopping the mailserver, logging in as root and keep them out of kerios data-folder?

thank you in advance for all kind of answers!
-milchfisch-

Why don't you move them to a read-only public folder? Or is there a reason you don't want to do that?

You could also, when you delete the account, move the mailbox and any folders to a subfolder of an existing account.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
milchfisch

Sorry for not answering quicker...

Meanwhile i did deactivate the perspective accounts. The old mailboxes are staying now in the kerio-datastructure.

If i want to keep them out and archive all mails - is there a way to do this without moving it to a subfolder? And what happens, if i want to reactivate such an account - is that possible?

I'm ┬źdreaming┬╗ of a solution, with that i can save all mails like in a mbox-File - for easily import them into any Outlook/Mail. Is there any easy way to do so?

Thank you for any support!
-milchfisch-
Previous Topic: Sophos Antivirus Connect version 7.1.4
Next Topic: Free/Busy resource details
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:47:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.