Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Disconnect an active user from admin interface
  •  
barup

Send a private message to this user
I have the need to disconnect a user from the mailserver, but I can't seem to find where to do that from the webinterface.
If I look at my list of active connection there doesn't seem to be a function to close a specific connection.

Am I missing something really obvious?

kind regards
Lars
  •  
barup

Okay I'm a bit surprised, am I the only with this problem?
  •  
Kedar

You cannot disconnect user from webinterface by dropping of existing connection. Go to Users and disable checkbox "Account is enabled", confirm by OK button.
  •  
barup

Okay I tried that, but this only disconnect webmail access, if the user has an IMAP connection, it's not disconnected.

I have two reasons for asking:
1. In case a laptop/phone is stolen
2. Ill behaving mail clients

I had a case of a stolen iPhone, where I changes password for the affected account, but the existing connections was still connected.
Also I had a problem with an Apple Mail user, that locked the user account, so even Webmail didn't work.

In both cases a restart of the service fixed it, but the sideeffect was, all the other users were kicked of the server.

kind regards
Lars
  •  
heze54

Hi,

It is a forgotten feature.

I had the same problem with no solution.
  •  
Kedar

If your iPhone, or any another ActiveSync device was lost/stolen, you should use remote wipe:
http://manuals.kerio.com/kms/en/sect-activewipe.html
  •  
barup

Problem was, that this user didn't use activesync, he had setup his account as IMAP.

I still think it should be possible from the active connection view, to kill a connection, I'll add that as a feature request.
  •  
Lazar

Yes it very important function.
Also, how about realise feature to enable/disable web access for each user account?
  •  
Richard Spensley

Hi, I would also like to add my voice to this request for the "kill a connection" missing feature.
I will try and remember to do a feature request through the proper channels too Smile
  •  
Kedar

Richard Spensley wrote on Tue, 05 April 2011 16:25

I will try and remember to do a feature request through the proper channels too Smile

You're right, a public forum is not the right place to send your suggestion/vote to Kerio. Smile The quickest way is to use the "Suggest Idea ..." button in the web administration of the product. It allows create new suggestions or vote for existing ideas.
Previous Topic: Kerio + Nokia N8
Next Topic: Kerio Connect Attachment filter
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 15:47:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00525 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.