Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sharing calendars across domains
  •  
greg_m

Send a private message to this user
I have been asked to investigate moving staff at our recently merged sister company, who have their own Exchange server, onto our KC server. One requirement is shared calendars across the two domains. I've been testing this and it only partially works. I have set up a secondary domain, and a test machine running Entourage 2008 configured as an Exchange account. I have then added a user as a delegate in the Accounts delegation tab.

If inviting someone from the primary domain, I can see them in the directory list and their calendar events show in the scheduling window. But I can't actually view their calendar in the folder list.

Am I missing something, or is Kerio not really designed to work this way?

Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Entourage 2008 cannot share or delegate folders for users in different email domains. It is the limitation of the client.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
greg_m

I see, thanks. How about Outlook 2011 for Mac, will this support calendar sharing across domains?
  •  
Spacey

I'm pushing this up again. We've got different domains within our Kerio and I need to access shared calendars belonging to one domain from another! How can I reach this goal?

I tried give directly access for the user - doesn't work. Groups from the second domain are not shown...

The target user uses Outlook (2003)....
  •  
b-tom

We are using shared calendars from different domains in Outlook 2011 Mac and Apple Calendar. No issues so far.

Permissions are set up in KC web client.
  •  
Spacey

But how?! Maybe I just can't find it. Example:

I've got a public calendar from domain-a.de within KC. I've got several permissions for user of domain-a.de - everything works fine. Now a user of domain-b.de should have access to the same calendar. Unfortunately I can't grant any rights for domain-b.de to that public calendar. Neither groups are available nor I can enter single users from domain-b.de. -> "You can only add users of the domain-a.de domain" - or something like this - for me it's in german.

How to share? Thanks!!!!

•  
Spacey

Anyone a hint for me how to set this up?
  •  
JackC

also from germany. Same problem and request here.
  •  
Spacey

This is really a sad thing. Still found no really good solution. One possible (unsave?!) solution:

Tag the calendar you want to share as a complete public one. Then you'll get a link to the calendar you can import either in Outlook or in iCal. Two things:

1) One who guesses that URL can fetch the cal - not very safe.

2) The one who put's that cal into his Outlook with the URL can also edit each entry - which I for example don't want. Even in it's written "read only permission" in the kerio backend.

So for me no real solution :/
  •  
MacLab

You can share calendars from different domains by using the old webmail to set it up. I don't know if this works in Outlook but it works in Apple Calendar/iCal and works on iOS if you set it up with activesync.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
Spacey

I can use the manual import (read only?!) thing - http://my.domain.de/ical/public/calname within Outlook. I just need to auth with an existing domain user. In this way I've got a read only calender within Outlook. This seems to be my (construced) solution.

Or did you mean any other way within the old webmail?

I found another thing: Within the domain settings you can switch: Unique for each domain or global. This is the solution BUT...

It only works if you haven't created any calendars so far. Once you switch the public ones that are already created are hidden. Of course you can export every cal - then switch and re-import them with the new settings. You just need to make sure that every of your users need to re-activate these calendars.

So no real solution for me now since we've got already several cals in use.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 March 2014 12:00]

•  
avonwidekind

Hi there,

i have tried that with MS Outlook 2016 Mac, but no luck. Has anyone this get to work?

Many thanks for help

Alexander
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Sharing folders across domains is possible only if Public Folders are set as "Global for All Domains". Outlook first sends request to resolve user name (it's not possible to enter user name directly) and this resolving works across domains only in this case.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: OS X Server notification emails through Kerio
Next Topic: Sell arguments for kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:57:07 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08071 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.