Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Unable to preview files
  •  
peterz

Send a private message to this user
Unable to do web preview of any files. Web page presents following error: "Preview cannot be generated"

Error log:

Failed to generate pdf preview of item id=5, page=0, name=User Request Form.doc, file=/opt/kerio/workspace/store/files/2/2

This is a new install on new Ubuntu 9 server. From what it looks like there are some dependencies that may be missing but not sure which ones.

ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions - http://www.zzservers.com
Xen Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting
Custom configurations, firewall, VPN, load balancers, private networks, more.
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Peter,

does this happen for all documents, or just some particular ones?

There are more detailed error messages in the server.log. Please send me the log in a private message.

Thanks,
Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader

•  
peterz

Yes, all documents.

ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions - http://www.zzservers.com
  •  
peterz

Submitted support request. This issue makes Workspace un-usable.

•  
peterz

Support resolved issue. Software required write permissions in /tmp

•  
stooley

I am having the issue explained here. Could anyone give me the proper instructions for giving kworkspace the proper permissions on /tmp?
  •  
Patrik_Mrkva

I have a same problem: after upgrade to 2.0.0 Beta 3 Kerio WorkSpace unable to do web preview ("Preview cannot be generated"). Forks fine on pdf and old office files, not working on new or updated office files (previews of pdf files are OK). OS: openSUSE 12.4 64b.

Trying console: /etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-rendering-status => Kerio Workspace Rendering Server is not running.

Unable to start service: /etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-rendering-start => nothing happend

Trying console: /etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-rendering-status => Kerio Workspace Rendering Server is not running.

And log regarding to unable to do web preview:

[06/Mar/2012 17:59:37] {com.kerio.workspace} WARN: Failed to generate pdf preview of item id=588, page=0, name=xxxxxxxxx.odt, file=/home/kerio-workspace/files/79/479
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.ConnectException: connection failed: socket,host=localhost,port=4063,tcpNoDelay=1: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
at com.kerio.workspace.previews.RenderingTask.call(RenderingTas k.java:83)
at com.kerio.workspace.previews.RenderingTask.call(RenderingTas k.java:17)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unkno wn Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: connection failed: socket,host=localhost,port=4063,tcpNoDelay=1: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.Abstract OpenOfficeConnection.connect(AbstractOpenOfficeConnection.ja va:79)
at com.kerio.workspace.PreviewGeneratorOO.generatePreview(Previ ewGeneratorOO.java:40)
at com.kerio.workspace.previews.GeneratePdfTask.call(GeneratePd fTask.java:22)
at com.kerio.workspace.previews.GeneratePdfTask.call(GeneratePd fTask.java:11)
... 8 more

By the way: everything else works fine, thanks for GOOD job!
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi Patrik,

please, send us content of folder "workspace/logs" once you try to start the rendering service.
You can e-mail it to workspace-beta<_at_>kerio.com or simply via button "report problem" in splash screen of web admin

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
Patrik_Mrkva

Hi Jaromir,

I send logs by email. Checking logs, I found in kerio-workspace-rendering-stderr.log possible error reason:

/opt/kerio/workspace/rendering/libreoffice3.5/program/soffic e.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Trying to looking for libpng12.so.0 in system, I found only libpng14.so.14

I guess libpng12.so.0 is outdated library.
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Patrik,

all you need to do is to install the RPM that contains libpng12. On Debian and Ubuntu, the analogous DEB package is called libpng12-0, the name should be similar on your distribution.

It's our fault that the RPM package doesn't have the dependencies specified correctly.

Jarda
  •  
Patrik_Mrkva

Hi Jaromir,

on 64bit openSUSE 12.1 I used "libpng12-0-32bit". After install, kerio-workspace-rendering started correctly. Thanks for help!
  •  
Florian

Hi,

we have just installed the Beta 4 package on our SLES 11 32bit (SP1) server. Apparently we have problems to open Office docs. PDF documents open without any problems.
Has anyone an idea which library might be missing or what kind of problem this might be?

Thanks in advance!! Florian
  •  
stooley

error log indicated I needed libSM installed and it seemed to have cleared it up. This was on CentOS 6

give it a shot?

•  
Florian

Thanks for you quick reply.
I checked it - the service is already running...

I will send a bug report from admin GUI to Kerio.
  •  
Florian

Just wanted to let you know that the issue is fixed. Yesterday I updated the Novell server and now the preview works fine...
Previous Topic: Sharing only pages
Next Topic: Logout-Button doesn't work (Firefox 12)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 07:10:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00565 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.