Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC (not offline) + Outlook 2010 - installation fail - error 28104
  •  
ant108

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
Maybe already discussed, if so - please give a hint, my search failed.

While installing KOC 7.1.4.2985 on W7 with Office 2010 Pro, an error window appear with "Error 28104. Unsupported version of Microsoft Outlook has been detected (14.0.4760.1000)" and installation fails.

Any guess what to do next.

KC offline installs fine, but frequently goes in offline mode, and it pisses off.

Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Old Kerio Outlook Connector (without offline caching) is not supported with Outlook 2010. See the system requirements: http://www.kerio.com/connect/requirements#tabs-connect-2
  •  
ant108

Thanks, it was obvious:)
Any idea if or when such support to be implemented?
  •  
AndreasL

I fear - never. KOC online is end of life.
  •  
sveloso

AndreasL wrote on Tue, 05 April 2011 09:52
I fear - never. KOC online is end of life.

right and this SUCK. On terminalserver i am not willing to install KOFF - as you know serverbased profile will big be as hell.

Here is the old thread!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2011 10:24]

•  
AndreasL

I still reading closly. One of my customers is in the same situation. He need to upgrade to W2K8 and Office 2010 on his WTS with 20 users.
  •  
Simple

Yup, same problem over here. I got a problem with KOC, support told me to use KOFF because KOC is end of life. But KOFF is really NOT an option on a Terminal Server environment.

The cachefile is very huge and KoffBackend process is using a lot of memory. An average store file is 800MB, not an option to copy this every time with the logon proces (roaming profiles). Exclude the cache file from roaming profile is also not an option because of the complete sync everytime a users starts Outlook.

Kerio has to work on this problem, instead of introducing new products.

Confused

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2011 11:16]

•  
AndreasL

A possible solution: Create an option to set the maximum size of the cache file like a webbrowser cace. Delete the oldest entry first from local cache. 99% of the user only look into the newest mails can calendar entrys. If an older entry triggert koff should get it just in time.
  •  
elias

Simple wrote on Fri, 15 April 2011 02:06
Yup, same problem over here. I got a problem with KOC, support told me to use KOFF because KOC is end of life. But KOFF is really NOT an option on a Terminal Server environment.

While I personally have no need for this as we don't use Terminal Server or roaming profiles, this has been a common complaint since KOFF was introduced. It seems odd to me that Kerio hasn't introduced an advanced deployment option for KOFF which sets the default synchronization options for _all_ folders to "Headers Only". By default, Inbox, Calender, and Contacts are set to "whole messages". This certainly won't eliminate the store file, but it should essentially turn KOFF into a KOC-like connector and the store file's size ought to be manageable at that point.

-Elias
  •  
mail4me

Kerio please find a solution to this problem. We are planing to move on w2k8 and office 2010 in the next few weeks on virtual machines.

•  
TorW

elias wrote on Tue, 19 April 2011 00:37
[...] which sets the default synchronization options for _all_ folders to "Headers Only". By default, Inbox, Calender, and Contacts are set to "whole messages".

Synchronizing only headers has a downside; if you (double)click on a mail with a very large attachment, KOFF has to fetch it from the server before displaying it. The delay while waiting for a large mail to download is visible, as opposed to a large mail silently synchronizing down to the inbox in the background.

Neither KOC nor KOFF really fits in a Terminal Services environment. There are no tools for large scale TS profile deplyoment (i.e no way to use Outlook .prf profiles), caching issues, memory issues, compatibility issues and problems backing up the live cache file.

Kerio's Outlook connectors haven't really changed a bit for at least three years, and for every iteration of MS Windows and MS Office, enterprise operations with Kerio Connect (and Mail Server) becomes increasingly more problematic.

Since these operations scenarios are apparently not interesting enough for Kerio, I wish they could just say so. Tell us that KC is meant for small shops with accountants doing mail admin on the side. Our 220 licenses are probably not going to make much of a dent in Kerio's sales stats, but every time the dreaded terminal services issue pops up, yet another googler decides to go somewhere else.

The upside though, is that once you get all the wiggly bits lined up and the dust settles, Kerio Connect is rock stable.

But then again, stuff you don't dare touching usually are.
  •  
rgaessler

We also need a solution for the terminal server environment. There we donĀ“t need any caches. WTS-Clients are always online. Big profiles with lots of hundred gigabytes are the dead of any WTS-Implementation and also the dead of the consistency of the user-profile. Why have we the need for storing an full offline-cache?

Please make a clean online-connection!!!
  •  
TorW

Fire up the Kerio admin interface and vote for the suggestion. It has a whopping nine votes as I write this: http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-kerio-connect/suggest ions/2517674-kerio-outlook-connector-without-offline-caching -

Previous Topic: Sender can't send emails and getting bounced 550: not permitted errors
Next Topic: Webmail 7.4.3, spell check problem for Reply messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 18:03:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00515 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.