Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleting mail causes server slow downs (Deleting mail causes server slow downs)
  •  
cgarl

Send a private message to this user
We have been battling this problem for a few years now, i hope someone can help. Every time a user deletes a large amount of email (such as emptying their deleted items folder) webmail get very slow, to the point of actually not letting users log in. We are running kerio connect on an os 10.5 server with a dual-core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHZ processor and 4 GB of ram, so i don't think the server should be under powered. We are running kerio connect 7.1.2, but this problem has existed through several kerio connect version upgrades, so i doubt that it has to do with our version. If anyone has any suggestions, i would appreciate it as we have been struggling with this for a long time.

Thank you
  •  
sfpete

We see the same issue.

The only thing to do is to "let it cook" while it finishes deleting those (commonly thousands) of messages.

In our case at least... it only effects that 1 user... but it does require to let it finish before the server becomes usable again for them.
  •  
AndreasL

is the secure delete enabled? Domains -> <domain> -> messages -> check by 'keep deleted items'. If this enabled messages dont get deleted and only moved to the special folder. This can do a lot of I/O.
  •  
cgarl

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked, and the "keep deleted items" is not checked, so that doesn't look like it is the problem.
  •  
AndreasL

It was a try Sad Have you try to rebuild the index? Stop the server, renaming of index.fld to index.bad in the affected directory of this user and start the server. Maybe something is wrong with this.

Another thing: is it possible to set auto purge for this user? Kerio can setup to remove the sent items and deleted items folder automaticly by store time. So if you set 3 days for deleted items the folder dont grow up.

I dont know Apple good enough to say something about the I/O perfomance if thousands of files exists in one directory.
Previous Topic: Push Google Calendar INTO Kerio
Next Topic: Error 1714 when installing KC 7.2 Beta 6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:44:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.