Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Red Hat / Centos 6 support
  •  
tr

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to this so apologies if this has been asked before.

Do Kerio have any plans to support / test Kerio Connect on Red Hat 6 or CentOS 6 when it is released?

Thanks,

T
  •  
  •  
trevni

Thank you pdobry.

What about CentOS 5.6? I'm assuming it is supported but the system requirements page specifically mentions CentOS 5.2-5.5 so I'm not 100% sure.

Also do you have any plans to support Scientific Linux?

Thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2011 15:33]

•  
Canadian_Eh!

Hi,

We've been having frequent crashes throughout the workday on our Kerio connect installation on RHEL 5.6. It's been happening for a few weeks now. It's at 449 users out of 450 and all the clients are mac os x Entourage 12.x or iOS devices running the latest iOS. When the server crashes it does so without leaving anything obvious in the logs - the crashes appear to be random!

We've been sending the crash dumps to kerio now for a couple of weeks and have yet to get a response. 2 days ago I applied patch 1 to 7.1.4 hoping that would resolve it but unfortunately it did not. Last night I dropped the kernel back to 5.5 - I'll post back later today and let you know if you should avoid moving the kernel forward...

We upgraded the kernel as a matter of course along with all the security updates. I'm going to exclude kernel updates in future and if this does bring stability back, RedHat support has advised that I should reload the OS and only update to 5.5 instead of running the old kernel on an already patched system.. Lots of work Sad

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

If you have a ticket ID from our eSupport I can find more details.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2011 15:10]

•  
Canadian_Eh!

Hi Kerio_pdobry,

The ticket number is TLT-771244 - I just found out that our Senior Network admin was unaware the ticket was closed as most of her communication with your support team has been over the phone. She has been sending crash dumps regularly over the past month so I'm not sure why your team would have closed the ticket. I've just confirmed that we have not yet made the suggested config change to allocate more memory to cover off the additional simultaneous connections from mobile devices. We'll make the changes and push back to 5.6. I will reply back to this thread with the results.

I forgot to mention - when we issue the command to stop kerio mail server it takes just over 5 minutes to stop the service. Feels like an eternity. It used to take less than a minute before we started having all these crashes. We have verified the drives and it doesn't appear to be hardware related. We are also in the process of readying a replacement server just in case.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2011 15:36]

•  
GetSync'd

We have the same issue of shutdown down taking forever to complete. When it does finally shutdown, we have a core dump that is being reported as 'avserver' creating it. It is being tracked in ticket 'MJY-588803'. We have 13 CentOS 5.5 servers that this happens on. Still have no idea why it is happening. We were able to put a workaround in the mailserver.cfg that fixed it, but Kerio was afraid that they modification would create false positives.

GetSync'd.Com
Certified Hosted Kerio Connect Solutions
Kerio Mail Boxes / Dedicated Kerio Servers / Managed Kerio Cloud
http://www.getsyncd.com
  •  
Canadian_Eh!

Thanks InfTek, nice to know we're not alone on that - hopefully it is not related to all the crashing we are experiencing. A quick update, the server crashed again at 10:30am this morning so that rules out the kernel. We made a change to decrease stack size (ThreadStackSize in the mailserver.cfg file) from 1024 to 384kB and cleared a couple of #deleted properties.fld files that were suspect. I have also set the kernel back to the most recent 5.6 and have rebooted the server. Hopefully it behaves now...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

InfTek wrote on Wed, 04 May 2011 16:04
We have the same issue of shutdown down taking forever to complete.

This issue will be addressed in Kerio Connect 7.2.0. It is specific to Linux and Mac only.
  •  
vomsupport

If you are using SOPHOS you need to remove it until the magic 7.20 is released as per Kerio support.

Either that or you have to deal with core dumps and crashes.
  •  
trevni

Pdobry - Do you have a supported workaround so it doesn't take forever?
  •  
Canadian_Eh!

Happy to report that it's not the 5.6 kernel. The change we made to the memory in the config file seems to have fixed the crashing issue. The server hasn't crashed since we made the change.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: warning Kerio PAM authentication failed for user XXXX with (7) Authentication failure
Next Topic: Group and Alias on webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:20:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00512 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.