Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Idea for future Connect (Dunno if this is the place to post) (Idea for future Connect (Dunno if this is the place to post))
  •  
benjalamelami

Send a private message to this user
The webclient, you always have to type your contacts email address, the idea is, while you type, it gives options, such as hotmail or gmail does. Also, lately even searches are suggested as you type.

If this is not the place to post such ideas, let me know
  •  
p0ddie

Wait for the revamped web interface, it should be out soon. It will have, afaik, all the latest gadgets and whistles like autocomplete...
  •  
nico20

Accessing other users mailboxes.
In Exchange there's an option that administrator, for example, has permissions to get access to the user's mailbox. Permission is set in AD.
It would be great to have the same option in Kerio Connect.
The usage is simple. I often have situation when some user calls me and says "I'm out of office, but XXX should send me urgent message regarding YYY. Would you please resend this message to ZZZ".
  •  
p0ddie

Well, you *could* set up every user's account to give access for the subfolders to the admin. You can't do that by default, but you can access other user's mailboxes no problem after they gave permissions in the web interface.

If you make it standard policy to have every user give access to the admin, then you wouldn't have to make a feature request Wink

I personally frown upon having a feature like this due to email privacy concerns. I don't think it is ok to have the admin being able to snoop around in some user's mailbox without knowing the password and without the user knowing.
  •  
nico20

Dear P0ddie, administrator of Kerio Connect can already get access to user's mailboxes, because he has access to Kerio Connect Storage and messages are stored in a very readable format. So, administrator already can read users messages without notification.
Why not to organise this feature in a more professional way ? This is my opinion. Maybe others don't think so.
  •  
teco

Quote:
Dear P0ddie, administrator of Kerio Connect can already get access to user's mailboxes, because he has access to Kerio Connect Storage and messages are stored in a very readable format. So, administrator already can read users messages without notification.
Why not to organise this feature in a more professional way ? This is my opinion. Maybe others don't think so.

If there is no System/Security concern or specific request from a user to do so, it is a violation of eurpean privacy regulations to look around the user folders.

Your mentioned "professional way" could be counted as assistance to violate eu privacy regulations...

Quote:
I often have situation when some user calls me and says "I'm out of office, but XXX should send me urgent message regarding YYY. Would you please resend this message to ZZZ".

The admin can use the archive function to search and find such a message. Looking around here for any other reason: as stated above...

Kerio is a EU Product. Exchange a US product with other privacy regulations...
  •  
nico20

OK.I didn't think about strict EU policies...
Previous Topic: 3DES Encryption
Next Topic: Shared calendars not available after beta 6 update
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:55:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.