Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Retrieving compressed archive folders (Getting email from archives compressed by Kerio Connect)
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect 7.1.1 on Mac OSX Server 10.6.4.

I have set the archive folder to be compressed on a monthly basis using the settings in Archiving and Backup > Archiving > Archive to local subfolder > Compress old archive folders.

I need to view some data from one of the compressed archive folders.

I have unzipped the compressed file for the month I need to view.

But the folder does not show in the Admin's webmail. The Admin account can see the current month's archive.

The documentation seems lacking in this area. The only thing I can find in the documentation is, "Use this option to compress the archive except for the current folder (the last folder created). However, it is not possible to browse through the compressed folders via email clients."

Am I missing something obvious?

What do I need to do to view the compressed archive via the Admin's webmail?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
fishtech

OK... what was confusing to me is the the server will re-compress the expanded folder at an undefined time.

For me it happened very soon after I expanded the folder. So, I was revisiting the admin account in webmail expecting to see the expanded folder, but it had been compressed/cleaned up. I had not revisited the expanded folder on the server to realize it was no longer there.

This is undocumented, so a heads-up to anyone in the same position.

Also, be aware that if you make any changes in the expanded archive (for example delete any messages), it appears those changes will be reflected in your 'new' archive' overwriting the original.

Regards,

ft.

•  
BeeOnLion

Hi fishtech

Did you ever figure out a method to view the archived folder & search in webmail?

Thanks a million
  •  
fishtech

Hmmm.... thinking back 18 months...

I think my problem was that I was un-zipping the archive, doing stuff and coming back, maybe the next day. By the time I came back the archive had been re-archived.

So there was not a problem. You just need to be aware that the archive will get re-archived at some point.

Hope this helps,

ft.
  •  
BeeOnLion

Thanks a million fishtech

Just to clarify the steps you did

1) Go to the location of the archive folders in Kerio
2) Unzip the specific month you are interested in
3) Log into Admin webmail & search?

Thanks a million
Previous Topic: Removing Archived Folders
Next Topic: Repeating meeting- user fired, account deleted
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 12:06:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.