Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal address autofill w/Kerio on OS X Server 10.6
  •  
helping

Send a private message to this user
I just moved an install of Kerio from a machine running 10.6 Client to one running 10.6 Server. Only one thing seems to need fixing. When I load up iCal on a machine outside of the office and start typing in a name to have the Kerio email address autofill, it doesn't happen. In Kerio's Services section, it does indeed show that LDAP on port 389 is blocked, as OS X 10.6 Server is running that. For some reason, this does work on the same network as the server.

I've seen this post http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=14564, and can set things up that way, and connect fine, and the search in Address Book finds the right addresses, but when you switch over to iCal, it doesn't work.

Since I was using OS X Client before I had no LDAP conflict, I just used the Kerio side of things, and it worked well. What's the setup supposed to look like on OS X Server? I don't really need LDAP in OS X, as we're mostly using this machine for file sharing and Kerio. Is there a safe way to turn that off without something else breaking? Or best to do it a bit differently?

Thanks for any ideas or solutions, Ian
  •  
uptimjeff

If OS X Server LDAP is not running SSL, in Kerio disable non-ssl LDAP and enable LDAP/SSL.
That should do it.

The autoconfig installer for ical should setup LDAP with LDAP/SSL to the kerio server.

You could move both non-ssl LDAP and LDAP/SSL to alternate ports in Kerio, but that should be necessary.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2011 04:27]

•  
helping

That makes sense that the auto configure tools would take what's actually running into consideration. Previously, I was just letting LDAP fail to start, but I now put it on "manual" in the services section and left it off. Secure LDAP is on for Kerio (off for OS X). On the client machine, tried removing all previous settings, including from Directory Utility, and set back up with fresh auto configs. Still having the same thing happen. Is there something else I should be doing to turn off LDAP?

Weirdly, one of the client machines is a laptop, and this laptop worked while in the office, but then kept working after leaving the office. Does that make sense to someone?

Edit: Also, after the auto config, Address Book is seeing these addresses. What's stopping iCal from seeing those same addresses? Shouldn't pretty much anything in Address Book be autofilling into the invitees field in iCal?

Thanks, Ian

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2011 19:00]

•  
uptimjeff

Weirdly, one of the client machines is a laptop, and this laptop worked while in the office, but then kept working after leaving the office. Does that make sense to someone?

random thoughts...

You are saying it does work from one machine.. so the server should be fine then and you should be looking at client-side issues.

Something else you can try- move LDAP/SSL on kerio to a completely different port, for example 4041. Then retry the auto setup. But, considering it worked from one machine makes me think your kerio LDAP is working.

Kerio logs may help you troubleshoot this..

The reason you may have had trouble off/on your LAN is most likely either firewall (I don't think that's your issue since one machine worked outside) or the issue is DNS (more likely).

Previous Topic: nested Groups
Next Topic: Unable to connect to Kerio internally
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 23:20:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.