Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2011 shared calendars in 7.2 Beta 6 unwanted side effect!
  •  
joapalmer

Send a private message to this user
Hello. The way to see others shared calendars in Outlook 2011 seem to be to add them as delegates. This works fine for the calendar view.

BUT a side effect is that every time I write an email I get the option to also SEND email from their account! This should not be possible since the only account sharing that we set up is the calendar (as view permissions).

Is this issue noted and will it be fixed in the final release?
  •  
Kedar

You're right, but it's more complicated.
The availability of e-mail address in "From:" is correct. Same behaviour has Outlook 2011 connected to Exchange 2010. User does not have any folder to share, subscribing his account is enough.
Difference between Exchange and Kerio Connect is in reaction to this "on behalf of" message. We should deny sending of such message and message should be saved to Drafts.
Please note we do not have a time frame on if or when bugfix may be available.
  •  
joapalmer

Of course this is bad news. We have been waiting long for the 7.2 update for our Office 2011 installations. However calendar sharing is vital for our business and being able to send from colleagues accounts would be disastrous. So this is really an Outlook issue?
  •  
Kedar

Outlook doesn't solve permissions on client's side: if you add another user into delegation list, you can try send messages on behalf of this user. It's a feature (or bug?) of Outlook's GUI. But we should refuse such message on server side if user hasn't sufficient rights.
  •  
joapalmer

Hello again. But on the other side Kerio doesn't use the same principle for granting access rights for delegates as Exchange does either. Using Outlook 2011 with KC I cannot access the top part of the delegates settings window, as seen for instance in this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c01ppcqNjqw

Here you can see the obvious that you can set rights for your delegates to access your Calendar, sending Emails etcetera from within Outlook 2011 if connected to Exchange.

Is this a feature that you are looking to synchronize with the sharing options in KC?

Kind regards Joa

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2011 11:27]

•  
Kedar

Unfortunately full support of "On Behalf Of" feature is missing in Kerio Connect. This is reason why the message from Outlook 2011 isn't dropped. We have a suggestion in our bug tracking system to support this feature but I cannot promise you version or time frame, I'm sorry.
  •  
stothers

my users have just discovered this "feature".

shenanigans have begun...

is there any fix coming down?
  •  
fusion4it

I have a client with exactly the same issue. Has anyone found a resolution or work around for this yet with Outlook 2011?

This really is a deal clincher for any future Kerio installs.

Thanks
  •  
stothers

this "feature" has raised it's ugly head again.

anyone found a way to disable this?
  •  
pauberson

Surely this is a critical security issue? That a user can impersonate another by email user simply by subscribing to their calendar?

Can you give us an update on this bug?

Thanks,
Pascal.
  •  
Kedar

stothers wrote on Tue, 20 March 2012 20:19

anyone found a way to disable this?

Yes, install Kerio Connect 7.4.0...

Technical background:
In file mailserver.cfg in table EWS is variable AllowUnauthorizedSubmission with default value "0"
Similar variable exists for Entourage (WebDAV) in table HTTP, name WebDAVStrictFromAddress since Kerio Connect 7.1.0

[img]./fa/2572/0/[/img]

• Attachment: o2011-74.png
    (Size: 38.66KB, Downloaded 299 times)
  •  
mwolf

Please help...the unwanted sideffect works also with Outlook 2003/2007...what can I do to disable this...I´m on 7.4.3 and the bug still remains
Previous Topic: Public folders coming with Administrator permission for all users from domain.
Next Topic: Virtual appliance change to Debian
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 08:28:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00528 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.