Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » KWS and iPad (no scrolling! no video!)
  •  
HelmiCH

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

when i'm opening my workspace with iPad (Safari) it doesn't fit to the screensize (landscape mode):

- landscape mode
- the witdth is ok
- the height is less
--> there is no scrolling possible!!

- portrait mode
- the width can be resized (good feature!!)
- the heigth does fit this time (..but when the page increases..)

and another problem:
i have included a video (.flv) in this page
- PC can open and view
- iPad: there is no link/no preview (is that ok?)
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,

we know that Workspace performs quite poorly on iPad at this moment. Better support for iOS devices is part of our roadmap for version 1.1.

For the scrolling problem, there is a workaround: you can scroll the view by dragging with two fingers instead of one. This is how Safari on iPad behaves on web pages that are not specially optimized for touch gestures.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

HelmiCH wrote on Thu, 21 April 2011 05:29
Hi,
and another problem:
i have included a video (.flv) in this page
- PC can open and view
- iPad: there is no link/no preview (is that ok?)

iPhones & iPads don't support flash, (.flv is a flash video) so this would be a limitation of the device, not KWS.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
gatti

The video format needs to open up to mp4. This format plays in both flashplayers and natively in QuickTime. Then, have a javascript handler wrap the video file based on the browser that's displaying it.

For the time being, a workaround for video importing and viewing on mobile Apple devices should be to create a "private" Vimeo or Youtube account and use the Mashup feature to display the video that way.
Previous Topic: Disable http
Next Topic: ERROR: Backup task failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:47:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.15113 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.