Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Windows Server 2008 / Hyper-V Virtual Machine (Cannot access virtual machine interface from WAN interface )
  •  
cassioac

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I have been trying this for 2 days now...

I have a Windows 2008R2 server running Kerio Control with 2 NICs, one is connected to the WAN and the other to the LAN. Also I have in this server an Hyper-V Windows XP sharing externally the LAN NIC.

Whatever I try I cannot communicate the 2008 LAN IP with the VM LAN IP (no ping), neither the VM can access the internet.

Other machines on the LAN network can communicate with the XP VM and with the 2008R2 IP's tough.

Also I can't route any traffic from the WAN interface to the XP VM LAN interface.

Can anybody help me in what am I doing wrong? I'm almost giving up on this product.

Thanks

Cassio

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2011 16:46]

•  
subnet

Send a private message to this user
Hi Cassioac,

I think you have a misconfiguration on your HyperV: Hyper-V implements three types of virtual networks: external, private and internal. An external virtual network gives virtual machines direct access to a physical network adapters on the physical computer. In effect, the virtual network shares the physical network adapter with the parent operating system (the Windows Server 2008 originally installed on the computer). A private network is used to connect two or more virtual machines running on the same physical computer to one another. An internal network is just like a private network, except it includes the parent operating system as well.

Please advice which configuration method you used!
Previous Topic: problem with outlook 2010
Next Topic: ultra surf
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:46:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00333 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.