Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Catch All, error
  •  
orthodyne

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I try to config a catchall on my Kerio 7.1.1. In My ISP, I enable Catch-All account (its work).

But when Kerio download a mail from this account, I see this in my log :
"Log file"
mail_pop3c.cpp: No sorting rule complied for mail downloaded from POP3 server pop3.cybernet.be, user ***<_at_>***.be

This is my config of POP3 account : see attachement

Do you have a solution ???

Thank you

• Attachment: catchall.jpg
    (Size: 34.90KB, Downloaded 410 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 22 April 2011 14:26]

•  
subnet

hi orthodyne,

I had this once at one of my clients but never sorted the problem out, even with kerio(took time to troubleshoot). My client had a downtime of about 3 days. The only solution was to create the same accounts on kerio and set every account to download, but in my experience I don't even recommend that if you have more than 100 accounts, because some users can experience delayed messages. Would advice to create a mx record and PTR at you mail hoster / ISP.

Good luck!

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2011 02:54]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You have to configure POP3 sorting rules as well (eg. *@popdomain.be -> *<_at_>localdomain.be). See the manual.
  •  
orthodyne

Thank you, it's perfect !!
  •  
orthodyne

I have one more question.

How can I create a mail back error if no rule was found ?
  •  
elias

orthodyne wrote on Tue, 26 April 2011 02:18
How can I create a mail back error if no rule was found ?

You don't. You have to block the message before you receive it; you can't bounce a message after it has been successfully received or you'll become blacklisted as a source of backscatter spam.

-Elias
  •  
orthodyne

Ok, thk for this information.

I have one more problem with the catch-all.
Some peoples are not connected on my KMS, he use POP/SMTP directly to a ISP (I can't change this).
If I don't create alias "*" for catch all bad mail. KMS sending to the same address by SMTP because i have a sorting rules *@orthodyne.be to *<_at_>orthodyne.be and again and again for ever.

Exemple without Alias * :

1. Somebody send mail to bad address (nobody<_at_>orthodyne.be)
  2. KMS download by POP this mail and see *@orthodyne.be to *<_at_>orthodyne.be
  3. KMS send by SMTP to nobody<_at_>orthodyne.be
    KMS check catchall mail and resend again to nobody<_at_>orthodyne.be and go to step 2
KMS never stop to resend the mail

Example With Alias * :

1. Somebody send mail to bad address (nobody<_at_>orthodyne.be)
  2. KMS download by POP this mail and see *@orthodyne.be to Trash<_at_>orthodyne.be
  3. KMS send in local to Trash<_at_>orthodyne.be
  4. It's over

... is perfect but, if somebody send a mail to somebody not present in KMS, this mail is send to trash<_at_>orthodyne.be

Example : with Alias * :

1. Somebody in local send mail to external<_at_>orthodyne.be
  2. external is not found in local user
  3. send mail to Trash<_at_>orthodyne.be

I tried to create Alias external@orthodyne.be to external<_at_>orthodyne.be or create sorting rules but nothing working correctly.

Do you have a solution ?

Thank in advance and sorry for my english
  •  
subnet

Hi orthodyne,

What about adding the domain where the pop accounts are created under the forwarding tab
Kerio Connect > Configurations > Domains > Double Click on your domain name > Forwarding Tab > Enable if recipient was not found.....> Enter your domain there where the pop accounts are created...

Hope this helps
  •  
orthodyne

Hi Cliffjag,

This option is already enabled Sad
Previous Topic: Shared calendars not available after beta 6 update
Next Topic: Moving Calendar/Agenda from user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 05:58:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.