Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » load balancing problems (load balancing problems)
  •  
souji

Send a private message to this user
hi there, i want to ask about my kerio control problems
i used 2 ISP and using load balancing on kerio control
NIC 1 : 10.0.0.200/8 --> 4 Mbps
NIC 2 : 10.0.0.212/8 --> 2 Mbps

For Lan :
NIC 3 : 192.168.0.15/24
NIC 4 : 192.168.1.15/24

index.php?t=getfile&id=2210&private=0

I put NIC1 gateway as the primary in windows 7, NIC2 gateway is blank because windows won't recognize double gateway.

The problem is kerio always connected to NIC2, and NIC 1 get inactive, i have to disabled NIC 2 first so that NIC 1 get active and then re-enabled NIC 2 so that this two get active. i have tried to switch NIC 1 to NIC 2, and it is still the same.

how to fix this problems?
any better solutions?
can we set kerio so that it will recognize primary NIC?

•  
subnet

hi souji,

In your screenshot I see the following :
Local area connection
Local area connection 2
Local area connection 3
Local area connection 4

Local area connection & Local area connection 2 are your internet connections

Local area connection 3 & Local area connection 4 is your internal Lan

I put NIC1 gateway as the primary in windows 7, NIC2 gateway is blank because windows won't recognize double gateway.

With above you mean that you have configured for e.g.:
IP : 192.168.0.254
SM : 255.255.255.0
DG : 192.168.0.15
With this config you are able to access the internet right!! Plus when Local area connection is overloaded it uses the other or vice versa. If this is happening your settings are correct!

The problem is kerio always connected to NIC2, and NIC 1 get inactive, i have to disabled NIC 2 first so that NIC 1 get active and then re-enabled NIC 2 so that this two get active. i have tried to switch NIC 1 to NIC 2, and it is still the same.

I don't really get what you mean with this. Do you mean Local area connection 3 & Local Area Connection 4 or Local Area Connection & Local Area Connection.

Ow yeah just for my information why are you using 2 Lans for your internal network ?

Please advise!
  •  
souji

right, lan 1 and lan 2 is my internet connections.
in the screenshot that i attach, LAN1 and LAN2 were active. but it didn't last long. after a while lan2 became inactive. and i have to disable lan1 so that lan2 become active, and after that i enable lan1 so that the two active. it is like that. and when i see it, windows delete lan2 gateway so that it became inactive. i have contact kerio support and they gave me link to patch this problems (hotfix drom microsoft).

i use 2 lans for internal network because in my office there are 2 lan. 1 lan is accessing the server and the other don't access server, internet access only. that's why i separate it into two internal network.
thanks for the answer

•  
James Bobby

You can always try and manually set the metric value of the NIC so that NIC1 has a lower value than NIC2, maybe it will default to NIC1 then.

But I have had the same problem myself, what solved it for me was that I set NIC1 for 100mbit and NIC2 for 99mbit load balance, that made kerio default to NIC1 - obviously this doesn't apply in your case since your NIC1 is already load balanced with a higher value.

/jb
Previous Topic: how to create proxy server
Next Topic: bypass http proxy withh full rights
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:33:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.