Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Move Kerio-Connect accounts from one server to another
  •  
urbandot

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I used to host a specific Client on a shared Mail server.
Now this Client wants to get his own dedicated Mail Server for security and confidentiality reasons.

I have 16 mailboxes I then need to migrate from the old server to the brand new one.

Has anyone ever done this before ?
How is it possible to simply take a specific domain and move it onto a new Kerio-Connect ?

What I would like to do is take his domain/16 mailboxes and simply move them to the new server.

Old/New Configuration : Debian 6 / 64bits - Kerio latest version.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Stéphane.

•  
j.a.duke

urbandot wrote on Sun, 01 May 2011 13:47
Hello,

I used to host a specific Client on a shared Mail server.
Now this Client wants to get his own dedicated Mail Server for security and confidentiality reasons.

I have 16 mailboxes I then need to migrate from the old server to the brand new one.

Has anyone ever done this before ?
How is it possible to simply take a specific domain and move it onto a new Kerio-Connect ?

What I would like to do is take his domain/16 mailboxes and simply move them to the new server.

Old/New Configuration : Debian 6 / 64bits - Kerio latest version.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Stéphane.

I just did this on Mac OS X, but the net steps should be the same:

1. Install Kerio on new server. You don't need to run the initial config wizard.
  2. Copy mailserver.cfg & users.cfg from old to new server, replacing existing files.
  3. Start up new server - delete extra users/groups/mailing lists/alias & domains.
  4. Make a copy of the store directory with just the migrating domain to the new server.
  5. Test, test, test.

I tried recreating the users/groups/etc from scratch on the new server, but it wouldn't recognize all the folders. Finally I copied the two config files following the steps above.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
urbandot

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your help.

I should give a try to your procedure ; you must be right and it should works fine.

I have already copied the *.CFG files.
I will try to copy the users' folders soon to see if I can rebuild the server "transparently".

Again, thank you.

Cheers.

Stéphane.
  •  
j.a.duke

One more thing-you'll need to edit the mailserver.cfg file to have the correct path to the new store directory location. This would like step 2a.

Since I hadn't copied the store, I set the location to the usual Kerio location.

After I had installed the drive with the copy of the store, I edited the mailserver.cfg to point to that location. That would be step 4a....

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: Favorite Blacklists Used
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.2.0 RC1 Outlook Connector Bug
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:25:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.