Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » How to count users? (How to count users?)
  •  
lvdata

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to figure out how to count users for Workspace.

With Connect I have 5 Users, 5 Mailboxes, Unlimited Aliases.

With Workspace I seem to be getting a user count of 300-1000 a year?!?

My situation:

Company A (My company) has 5 users who setup and maintain Workspace.

1 user sets up 300 workspaces so that EACH workspace is only visible to a single client.

To make workspace 1 visible only to that client, I create a unique login
Client A, Project 1 can only see Workspace A Login "CAP1"
Client B, Project 1 can only see Workspace B Login "CBP1"
Client C, Project 1 can only see workspace C Login "CCP1"
Client C, Project 2 can only see workspace D Login "CCP2"
Client B, Project 2 Can only see Workspace E Login "CBP2"
And so on.......

Client C, for legal reasons, can't know that Client B is working on Workspace B. Client C CAN and DO know that Client B is working on Workspace E. It seems that the legal requirements mean that I need to purchase a LARGE amount of licenses, making it financially unfeasible, compared to our current system of using the Wiki build into Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard Server. It is not as flexable as workspace, but spending $9000 - 300 users is not a cost I can Justify. Am I wrong in how I am counting users? I am looking at about 50 or so total clients, but each client/workspace/project combination makes each one unique, and a new license is required? Checking for overlap & exclusiveness would be difficult, and if it was done wrong could result in fines or a lawsuit. Any Ideas?

Thanks Paul
lvdata
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

you will need a license for every user who will access pages stored on Workspace. That means one license for every one of your clients.

What level of access do these clients need? Would a read-only access be sufficient? In one of future versions, we plan to introduce a "sharing with external users" feature. It will let you share Workspace content with external people, who don't have a user account on your system, don't consume a license, but their access rights are limited - read-only or something like that. Is this feature going to be useful for you?

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
Previous Topic: Virtual Appliance on the way?
Next Topic: Search in PDF's
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 05:23:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.