Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio/iCal issues - can connect to shared calendar but events don't appear in iCal
  •  
j.turley

Messages: 136
Karma: 1
Send a private message to this user
Dear all, I wonder if anyone has seen this and can possibly help.

We are running Kerio 7.1.4 and connecting our users to the calendar with iCal on 10.6.7.

All user calendars are shared by all (as reader) and we have been using this with iCal for the past couple of years with success.

Recently 1 user has complained that other users can't see his events using iCal even though his calendar is shared and obviously has data in it. I have checked the same thing using webmail and there are no issues and I can subscribe see events in his calendar.

I have had a look at his calendar permissions and they are correct so that's not it. Is there an iCal/CalDav database on the server that is possibly corrupt?

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Jason

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2011 12:18]

  •  
j.a.duke

Messages: 356
Karma: 14
Send a private message to this user
j.turley wrote on Wed, 04 May 2011 06:18
Dear all, I wonder if anyone has seen this and can possibly help.

We are running Kerio 7.1.4 and connecting our users to the calendar with iCal on 10.6.7.

All user calendars are shared by all (as reader) and we have been using this with iCal for the past couple of years with success.

Recently 1 user has complained that other users can't see his events using iCal even though his calendar is shared and obviously has data in it. I have checked the same thing using webmail and there are no issues and I can subscribe see events in his calendar.

I have had a look at his calendar permissions and they are correct so that's not it. Is there an iCal/CalDav database on the server that is possibly corrupt?

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Jason



I've found the issue to be with iCal on the other systems. It can be as simple as an unset checkbox in the delegated calendars section of the iCal prefs-Accounts.

If his calendar is OK on the server and in iCal, then I'd look at the other systems for clues. Realistically, I don't think everyone else has lost his calendar, just a couple of people, at least that's been my experience.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
j.turley

Messages: 136
Karma: 1
Send a private message to this user
Hi Jon, thanks for your reply but I am 100% sure that is not it.

The user can see and use his Calendar in iCal and webmail. Other webmail users can also connect to his shared calendar and see events. The trouble is that other iCal users don't see any events even though they can view his calendar in their iCal.

I had something similar happen a couple of years ago with a couple of users calendars and it turned out to be broken MIME structure in a couple of calendar events (see below).

Quote:
Hi, Jason

Messages 0000003f and 00000052 have a broken MIME structure; this means that they are causing all of the problems you have noticed with your calendars.

You can edit the calendar event, using VI is the easiest if you know your way around it, to remove the broken lines. The bit you are looking for reads:

-----

Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Design_Review_DCfW_JP
When=3A_07=3A00_-_22=3A30_Wednesday=2C_December_1?=
=?iso-8859-1?Q?0=2C_2008
Subject=3A=20

?=
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:58:44 +0000
Content-Type: text/calendar; component="vevent"; method="PUBLISH"; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

-----

This is from the file 0000003f.eml directly. As you can see, the subject line goes over 3 lines, you need to remove those two extra carriage returns, then save the file.

Please remember while you are doing this that none of your users who access this calendar should be online while you are editing this. If it is going to prove to be a problem getting everyone logged off (and being 100% sure they are logged off), you should stop the mailserver before editing any of these files.

I hope that this helps, but please feel free to contact us if you need any further advice or help.


Kind Regards,

Lisa Lyons
Technical Support Manager


I'm thinking this could have reared its ugly head again but am still investigating.

Thanks

Jason
Previous Topic: KC 7.2.0 RC1 Bug report
Next Topic: Webmail New Messages in list
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:55:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00370 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.