Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » attachment problem (attachment with special characters)
  •  
bbbr

Send a private message to this user
Hello !

I am using the RC1 version and i often have trouble with attachments with long names or special, central europian characters inside. you may know what i am talking about.. sometimes our customers receive attachment without any extension, and it is hard to open. sometimes we receive strange attachments. it is strange because in the advanced section i enabled tnef and mime converting. we use outlook 2003 and 2007 versions with the latest service packs. whats wrong with the atachments ? we used to have pop3 accounts without theese troubles. Give me some ideas please !
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Workaround for this (because of these clients) is in RC2. Anyway, the best way is to push your email client vendor to support RFC 2231.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:59]

•  
bbbr

what kind of workaround ?

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:26]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Filename pproperty in the email is re-formatted to older format recognized by these clients.
  •  
bbbr

" Anyway, the best way is to push your email client vendor to support RFC 2231.

"

Hello !

Could you tell me what's the proper method to do this in outlook 2003 ?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm afraid no-one can force Microsoft to add this support to existing clients. You can bother Microsoft so they will implement it is next Outlook version.
  •  
bbbr

So, as far as i know outlook 2010 is the newest MS client, and it doesnt support RFC2231... but outlook is the recommended email client to use the connect mail server. So its a kind of trap Smile

few more question :

i didnt notice this kind of problem with attachments when i was using outlook with pop3 accounts with the ISP's smtp server. why ?
in this case there is something wrong with Kerio connector.

Is there any solution to solve this att000xx.dat problem ? i dont think i am the onla one who want to use non ascii characters in attachments.

thanks for your help !
  •  
onalid

Same problem here. We send much pdf´s as attachments to our customers - sometimes they will get .dat also - sometimes not.

---
Thanks, Andre
Previous Topic: KMS ldap with Linksys SPA9X2 phones
Next Topic: feature request?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:03:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.