Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Workspace & Connect on same server (Running both on the same server, each using 80 and 443)
  •  
cpohts

Send a private message to this user
I've briefly tested this configuration and it seems to work. I have Workspace running on the same server as Connect (which pre-existed). Here are the steps:

First, if you are installing Workspace on an existing Connect server, know that Workspace defaults to 80 and 443 and may interrupt access to Connect until you complete this.

This assumes you have Connect preinstalled on 80 and 443. Bind a second IP address to the server (I use Windows, but you can do this in Linux). For this example, we'll assume the server's primary IP is 192.168.1.11 which Connect uses. Bind 192.168.1.12 as a secondary address on the same network interface. Install Workspace. Stop the Workspace service. Open Windows Explorer to c:\program files\kerio\workspace\tomcat and edit the server.xml file in notepad (or similar text editor - I like Notepad++ which is free and nicely formats XML and other programming languages). Note all the <Connector lines. After the protocol section, add address="192.168.1.12" using the IP you've bound to the network interface. Make sure you do this for all <Connector lines. Now start the Workspace service. Now when you access the urls for each app on 80 and 443, you should connect to each site respectively. You'll know because the Workspace logon is gree, Connect is blue. Test this by connecting to 80 and 443 on each IP address, .11 should open to Connect as it did before and .12 should open to Workspace.

Two important notes. If you have your server behind a firewall NAT, you will need to setup a 2nd public IP NAT to your 2nd bound IP on the server (example, public IP 4.4.4.1 NATs to 192.168.1.11 and 4.4.4.2 NATs to 192.168.1.12). Second, as you upgrade Workspace, you'll need to check this server.xml file to make sure your edits are still there and make any additional edits if new <Connector lines are added.

Of course, this is not supported by Kerio, but I've tested it NAT'd behind a firewall. This config allows me to use separate SSL certs registered to different domain names both connecting to 443 on the same physical server. Hopefully, Kerio will add this as an easier option in a future release.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2011 22:06]

•  
sszever

Send a private message to this user
It works very well, thanks!
Previous Topic: Frames
Next Topic: Session timeout
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 00:01:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00374 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.