Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Category sync in Outlook 2011 & 7.2 RC1
  •  
scsc_tech

Send a private message to this user
I am currently running 7.2 RC1 in a sandbox right now and connecting 4 Outlook 2011 clients to it. The main feature we are looking to gain with this upgrade is companywide calendaring to replace Now-up-to-date. The great thing about now up to date was all of the syncing of categories and the overlay of those categories. I am hoping to mimic the same functionality with Outlook 2011.
From what I can see the categories and overlays work just fine on local calendars, but assigning a category to an event on a public calendar doesn't sync between the clients. Also on local calendars you can hit the tree arrow to reveal all of the calendars categories, this doesnt work with public calendars.

Any thoughts? Is this a feature yet to come, or a limitation to the protocol?

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is a limitation of Outlook 2011. It does not support categories in public folders.
  •  
scsc_tech

Oh goodie.
How about individual shared calendars? For instance I share a calendar with Bob. Will Bob see my categories and will they be synced?
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect connected to BlackBerry Server
Next Topic: Attachment Limits
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:33:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.