Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » no shared calendars in Outlook 2001
  •  
Jobst Heinermann

Send a private message to this user
Hi together,

yesterday I updated our KC to 7.2 RC2.
I use now Outlook 2011 as client. We have 25 Users on our server, which have all shared one calendar. I can't add them via open->folder of another user (I use Outlook in German so maybe I didn't name it in right way) but via accounts.
But I can't see the calendars which are available in iCal.

TIA
Jobst
  •  
Kedar

Hi,
option "Öffnen" -> "Ordner eines anderen Benutzers..." can subscribe only INBOX, Calendar and Contact folder of another user (it's Outlook's limit, not Kerio).
I guess you cannot subscribe it, because it has different name than "Calendar", or it's in the Public Folders.
If the shared calendar is shared by some user, it should be subscribed by delegation. If it's public folder, then via public folder subscription.

How to subscribe delegated calendar:
"Einstellungen" -> "Konten" -> "Erweitert" -> "Stellvertretungen" -> "Personen, deren Stellvertretung ich bin" -> "+" button and search for user's e-mail address

How to subscribe public folder:
"Extras" -> "Öffentliche Ordner" -> "Abonnieren" on selected folder
  •  
Jobst Heinermann

Radek Sip (KERIO) wrote on Wed, 18 May 2011 08:30
Hi,
option "Öffnen" -> "Ordner eines anderen Benutzers..." can subscribe only INBOX, Calendar and Contact folder of another user (it's Outlook's limit, not Kerio).
I guess you cannot subscribe it, because it has different name than "Calendar", or it's in the Public Folders.

Yes, that's true.

If the shared calendar is shared by some user, it should be subscribed by delegation. If it's public folder, then via public folder subscription.

How to subscribe delegated calendar:
"Einstellungen" -> "Konten" -> "Erweitert" -> "Stellvertretungen" -> "Personen, deren Stellvertretung ich bin" -> "+" button and search for user's e-mail address

Yes. that's what I did. But there are no calandars in Outlook to see.

How to subscribe public folder:
"Extras" -> "Öffentliche Ordner" -> "Abonnieren" on selected folder

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2011 08:50]

•  
Kedar

What is the name of calendar? E.g. some special characters?

Is the calendar a subfolder of any another folder or it's directly in root of user's folder tree?

Are there any suspicious messages in Error or Warning log in Web Administration? Or in error log in Outlook? (Fenster -> Fehlerprotokoll)
  •  
Jobst Heinermann

Radek Sip (KERIO) wrote on Wed, 18 May 2011 08:56
What is the name of calendar? E.g. some special characters?

Is the calendar a subfolder of any another folder or it's directly in root of user's folder tree?

Are there any suspicious messages in Error or Warning log in Web Administration? Or in error log in Outlook? (Fenster -> Fehlerprotokoll)

The calendars have normal names like "Jobst". They are in the root. And the Errorlog is empty.

•  
Kedar

I consulted this issue.
When using delegation, only default folders are available. A folders with custom names are not available via delegation. I was informed same behaviour is with Exchange 2007, so it seems to be limitation of client.

We are working on workarounds to this limitation, but it will not be included in 7.2.0
  •  
Kedar

I think it should be possible to copy these calendar from user's account to Public folders and subscribe them.
  •  
Jobst Heinermann

Radek Sip (KERIO) wrote on Wed, 18 May 2011 09:20
I consulted this issue.
When using delegation, only default folders are available. A folders with custom names are not available via delegation. I was informed same behaviour is with Exchange 2007, so it seems to be limitation of client.

We are working on workarounds to this limitation, but it will not be included in 7.2.0

Thanks for you help!
Previous Topic: Apple mail and a world of hurt
Next Topic: Mails not reaching my server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 09:16:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00452 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.