Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Original Reply not included in actual email - only works when forwarded (When responding to a typical text email, the original text is missing from the body of the email)
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Send a private message to this user
Our problem that we are seeing and have seen for over a year on some devices is that the original text from an initial email is not included when you simply hit reply on a cell phone. It works on my original droid, and a few other droids, but for the newer droids, in most cases, it is blank or doesn't even add it as an attachement. I believe it shows up as an eml file when you forward a text based email with a few responses under it. But most time it doesn't include the original text at all.

This is occuring from our Motorola Xoom tablets, Motorola Droid X phones, HTC desire, HTC Hero, and also our HTC "droid" incredible, and the new HTC "droid" incredible 2 is now doing it.

This is a serious problem in the business and personal world. WIth no "paper trail" or the ability for the receiver to even know what you are responding to makes it very difficult to manage emails. Forwarding as a "reply" is simply not an option here because in a lot of cases the person you are replying to won't be in your address book, so you would have to type them in manually.

What is Kerio's official stance on this issue. It has been around for quite some time (over a year), and this new round of phones are all running 2.2 or 2.3 and will all do the same thing.

Faithful Kerio manager for over 3 years...

Trent Greenawalt

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This issue is addressed in upcoming Kerio Connect 7.2.0: http://www.kerio.com/betas/connect
If you want to know an official stance, please contact our technical support. This forum is not providing support from Kerio.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Thank you for the quick reply, does Kerio have a potential release date of this new version? We just asked all of our 15 sales guys to get smart phones and they are all running out and getting the above latest and greatest phones. I really hope this problem has been fixed in the new beta build. Can anyone confirm that, or have experience with K9, touchdown, exchange mail, exchange for android, etc...

I just tried K9 and couldn't get it to work. Next up is touchdown. I have a user of an HTC hero and loves touchdown, it just sucks that it costs $20.

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Looks like touchdown does in fact work in its entirety, you just have to use their calendar and their contact storage tools in order to properly sync with kerio. We tried moxier mail as well and it worked regarding the orginal text thing, but it didn't update contacts so that was a no go. It pulled them down, but didn't write back.

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Neither K9 nor Touchdown clients are tested by Kerio. So we cannot guarantee they will work.
However, Moxier Mail is also supported in upcoming Kerio Connect 7.2.0.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Moxier mail only has read only contacts, which won't work for our guys in the field. Is this changing in 7.2 where they will actually write back? I liked the client, but didn't like that you couldn't update back to Kerio.

So regarding your comment above with "being addressed" in 7.2, are you saying that the "include original text" issue with the HTC phones will be corrected? I am not sure which mail client HTC uses, but it must be different than the motorola clients.

Thanks for the continued feedback,
Trent Greenawalt

Trent Greenawalt
Previous Topic: Migration from Ms Exchange 2007 (on SBS2008)
Next Topic: Migration Kerio to Exchange
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:47:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.