Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Session timeout???
  •  
jamesf

Send a private message to this user
We use Webmail exclusively. I have a user who is periodically being timed out. This user has a static address. I have Session Timeout set to 12 hours and Maximum Session duration set to 18 hours.

The only thing that has recently changed for this user is they are now accessing their email from their Droid X phone as well ast the desktop. If the Droid X and desktop connection attempts to access their email at the same time could this cause the Anti-Hijack feature to kick in and disconnect the desktop session?

Today the users desktop connection was timed out after being logged on for less than 6 hours.

We are running Kerio Connect 7.1.4 on Windows 2003 R2.
  •  
Kedar

jamesf wrote on Thu, 19 May 2011 23:40

The only thing that has recently changed for this user is they are now accessing their email from their Droid X phone as well ast the desktop. If the Droid X and desktop connection attempts to access their email at the same time could this cause the Anti-Hijack feature to kick in and disconnect the desktop session?

Anti-hijack feature disconnects an user only if the valid session is same, but IP address was changed. This incident should be visible in Security log in Web Administration. WebMail allows multiple logins for one user from different IP addresses, so if Droid X and a desktop browser has own sessions, it shouldn't force logout. Probably Droid's IP address is changed periodically by mobile operator?
For more information see the manual http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/7.1.4/en/sect-se ssionsec.html

Unfortunately in manual is:
"The "anti-hijack" protection must be disabled if Kerio Connect users share their accounts. The option disallows connection to a single account from multiple hosts (IP addresses) at a time." - it's not true, each connection from different IP address has own session, this feature force logout only if session comes from new (changed) IP address.
I will inform our documentation team.
  •  
jamesf

Thanks for the clarification about the Anti-Hijack feature.

Since I now know that each session is separate I need to figure out why the desktop session is periodically being timed out. I have told the user that when it happens again to let me ASAP so I can check the Security Log as suggested.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

How do I adjust the timeout sessions for Kerio, that would be great to adjust. I assume a reg entry?

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
jamesf

For Webmail got to:

• Configuration
  • Advanced Options
  • Webmail
  • Session Security

•  
Trent Greenawalt

Awesome, thanks for that. I don't think I have seen that before. Is that new, or am I loosing it?

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
jamesf

We have been a Kerio user for over 2 years and if my memory serves me correctly, it was there when we started using Kerio.
  •  
jamesf

I need to visit this issue again. The same user (my manager) is being timed-out multiple times a day. As stated previously "This user has a static address. I have Session Timeout set to 12 hours and Maximum Session duration set to 18 hours".

I have checked all Kerio logs and cannot find anything that gives me a clue about why the time-outs are happing. Is there a particular log that I should be checking?

I have checked the event log on the users computer and have not found anything. Any help/ideas will be greatly appreciated.

We are running Kerio v7.4.3 on Windows Server 2003 R2.

•  
MarkK

You might try enabling some of the debug logs, though I don't know which one would cover the disconnect. Maybe try Webmail, User Authentication, Network Connections and SSL, Connection Pool. Honestly, not sure what some of those will tell you, but Connect does offer a lot of debugging options in the logs.
  •  
jamesf

Thanks and like you figuring out which ones to turn on is not intuitive. Hopefully there is someone in the forum that will be able to provide some definitive directions. Otherwise it will be trial and error.
Previous Topic: Emails with pictures showing up like they have attachments
Next Topic: Outlook 2010 and shared calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 02:17:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00523 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.