Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Converting Kerio Local Accounts to Apple Open directory (Converting Kerio Local Accounts to Apple Open directory)
  •  
john_rothenberg

Send a private message to this user
Is it possible to convert an already established kerio local account into a kerio account that is driven from Apples Open Directory ?
If possible would this also create accounts that could be auto created after the user has been added into apple LDAP / Open directory ?
  •  
Lyle M

Hi John,

For item 1: Yes.
1. Ensure you've properly setup your directory service for your mail domain.
2. Delete the local user, but DO NOT delete or move their user folder from the store directory on the Kerio server (see Advanced Options:Store Directory).
3. Create an Open Directory user account using a short name that exactly matches the name of the user's folder in the Kerio store.
4. From the Users pane in the Kerio Admin Console, use "Add from Directory Service," and add the new OD user.
5. The user account should link with their folder, and all it's mail and settings.

For item 2: I'm not clear on the question.

Regards,
Lyle
  •  
john_rothenberg

Hi Lyle, thanks for your swift response, when you say ensure you've properly setup your directory service for your mail domain, i'm assuming you mean, with regards to DNS records and IP entry if on a separate box .. is it best practise to run kerio connect on the same server as your Open Directory ? Im taking it as not....
For item 2 i guess i'm asking how you would then add the email to a directory client .. is it still the following process for entourage>>> using exchange ( or using a different entry of directory Service and kerberos ?)

TIA

john
  •  
Lyle M

Hi John,

This Kerio KB article covers the Open Directory setup:

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=182

You are correct that best practice is not to run Kerio Connect on your Open Directory master. However, it's been done and it works. I used to have both on the same Mac. Later, I used my Kerio machine as an OD replica. Now, it's only Kerio Connect and OpenFire.

If I follow on #2 correctly, you're asking how to add an OD user account as an active Kerio user? If so, this page of the manual should cover it:

http://manuals.kerio.com/kms/en/sect-newaccount.html

Apologies if I'm not following you correctly.

Cheers,
Lyle
Previous Topic: Recover some e-mail
Next Topic: Kerio 7.2. Secure Authentication
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 04:39:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.