Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Snow Leopard EWS support
  •  
jcwelch

Send a private message to this user
So, with Kerio now supporting EWS for Outlook 2011, does it also support Snow Leopard Apps? I.e. mail/ical/ab using EWS?

I ask because we still, having implemented every.single.fix kerio can come up with, cannot get iCal and autocomplete to work reliably and correctly. I have no doubt it's an iCal issue, it's a remarkably horrid little application, but i'm stuck with it.

So, if Snow Leopard's EWS applications work with connect, i was going to try that, and bypass CalDAV/CardDAV all together.
  •  
iTinyK

Hello There

As far as my beta testing went SL did not connect. They might enable this in point update. But my guess would be they will push this in 10.7 Loin. SL and Exchange 2007/10 is not all that good. 10.7 they have done loads of work on Address Book and iCal.

I feel your pain on the Dav stuff.

Cheers
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

jcwelch wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 18:23
So, with Kerio now supporting EWS for Outlook 2011, does it also support Snow Leopard Apps? I.e. mail/ical/ab using EWS?

I ask because we still, having implemented every.single.fix kerio can come up with, cannot get iCal and autocomplete to work reliably and correctly. I have no doubt it's an iCal issue, it's a remarkably horrid little application, but i'm stuck with it.

So, if Snow Leopard's EWS applications work with connect, i was going to try that, and bypass CalDAV/CardDAV all together.

Kerio Connect currently supports only Outlook 2011 over EWS. Mac native applications are not supported.
However, Kerio Connect 7.2.0 implements next generation of CalDAV protocol, which uses native CalDAV calls for user address autocomplete instead of LDAP (on Mac OS X 10.6). So it is much more reliable now and you should give it a try. (BTW: After upgrading you can remove the Kerio MailServer account from Directory Utility on Mac client).
  •  
renefn

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 19:36

However, Kerio Connect 7.2.0 implements next generation of CalDAV protocol, which uses native CalDAV calls for user address autocomplete instead of LDAP (on Mac OS X 10.6). So it is much more reliable now and you should give it a try. (BTW: After upgrading you can remove the Kerio MailServer account from Directory Utility on Mac client).

That's FANTASTIC! I can't wait to try that out... but I think I'll wait for 7.2.1 Razz

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
jcwelch

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 19:36

Kerio Connect currently supports only Outlook 2011 over EWS. Mac native applications are not supported.

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Previous Topic: BESX SP3
Next Topic: 7.2 Outlook Connector on Windows XP no longer supported ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:14:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.