Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CardDav problems galore
  •  
ebatte

Send a private message to this user
Maybe someone has some insight:

Carddav is setup using the "integration with mac" setup on Mac OS 10.6.7. Address Book is set to use the carddav account as the default account.

Problem 1: If no contacts exist in "On My Mac" address lookup in Apple Mail is excruciatingly slow

Problem 2: Adding/editing contacts to Address Book from mail using Data Detectors will only add/edit contact info in "On My Mac", not the carddav account

Carddav setup on iPhone (following instructions in manual) appears to sync very often and I have noticed tremendous battery drain.

I contacted tech support and they acted like this was abnormal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric
  •  
topher1078

Why do you need to setup CardDAV on the iPhone - doesn't ActiveSync handle all your contacts?
  •  
ebatte

Yes, but the documentation instructs us to use carddav. Tech support also confirmed carddav is the preferred method.
  •  
topher1078

Hmm not sure then. Out of curiosity, where in the documentation does it say that? I just looked and didn't see anything.
  •  
ebatte

And carddav syncs contact groups which would be nice (if carddav actually worked).

I can live with activesync for contacts on iphone/ipad if I have to, but the bigger problems are the Address Book functionality issues on the Mac with carddav.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2011 17:01]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

ebatte wrote on Wed, 25 May 2011 16:57
http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/userguide/en/sect-iphone.ht ml#sect-iphone4

It says that on iPhone 4 you can use everything from previous iOS versions *plus* CardDAV. There is no notice that CardDAV is preferred over Exchange Activesync. In fact, EAS is much easier to set up and configure.
  •  
ebatte

OK, right...I'm back to using activesync on the iphone, but still curious how people are really working in Apple Address Book.
  •  
ebatte

So, are other Mac Address Book users setting up using carddav using the Kerio Address Book Config Tool?

How are you dealing with "On My Mac" contacts versus CardDav contacts?

Here is something odd that happened. After using the config tool to setup carddav I deleted all contacts in "On My Mac", that was a few days ago. I rebooted this morning and all of my contacts are back in "On My Mac"! How does this happen?
  •  
lodewijk

got a post here about the same stuff, check it out...
i'll update it soon when testing 7.2

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=79396
  •  
ebatte

Yes, I read through your post last week. Not really having problems with SSL, or with sharing contacts. My problem is "on my mac" contacts versus carddav contacts versus Apple Mail.

So what is everyone doing with Apple Address Book??
Previous Topic: TimeOut Webadminsession
Next Topic: Relay problem with sendmail localhost user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 12:01:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.