Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio in Enterprise?
  •  
kibu

Send a private message to this user
We are using Kerio Connect with more than 300 users, 20% iOS Devices.

is Kerio good enough for Enterprise. can Kerio Connect handle 500, 1000 and more users? is there anyone using Kerio instead of Exchange with more than 500 users?

And is it possible to make Kerio available in a VMWare environment under HA aspects?

does anyone have experience using Kerio in Enterprise?

We don't want to switch to MS Exchange, but we need more Enterprise functionality and the sureness that Kerio Connect can handle 500 and more users.

A lot of questions, but it's a strategic decision for or against Kerio.

Any help and information would be appreciated

Thanks.

•  
tek_san

We have Kerio running on our ESX vsphere 4.1 environment on win 2003 server as OS.
The store drive, which is about 350 GB is attached as an iscsi device provided by a netapp fas2020
We do not have any problems concerning access speed.
HA security is provided by vmware.
To put it short it is save and fast.
Of course we do run much more virtual machines on the same infrastructure.
We do have 2 quad core HP380G5 with 32 GB RAM and two netapp fas2020 for nfs and iscsi storage and smb fileserver services.
The virtual KMS is running smooth.
regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
kibu

350 GB mailstorage is not enough for us. we have powerusers with 10 - 20 GB mailstorage

how many users are running on your Kerio and what will happen, if Kerio crashes on vmware1? do you have vmware2 as standby?

thanks,
Tom
  •  
bigmountain

I have three Kerio Connect servers with two of them hosting over 500 users each. No performance problems and my clients seem to be very happy. Both machines are Xserves with quad 2.8 processors and 4GB ram. Both are using a RAID5 setup.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
rcohen

bigmountain wrote on Tue, 07 June 2011 01:30
I have three Kerio Connect servers with two of them hosting over 500 users each. No performance problems and my clients seem to be very happy. Both machines are Xserves with quad 2.8 processors and 4GB ram. Both are using a RAID5 setup.

I found RAID10 to be a DRAMATIC performance improvement over RAID5 or RAID6 when using Kerio.

Also, disabling Nagle's algorithm gave me a substantial performance boost, when using iSCSI.

I'm currently getting great results using a Nexenta ZFS iSCSI server, with SSD read caching.

For clients with tons of e-mail (like your 10+gb users), it also makes a huge difference to put their Kerio cache file on an SSD. If their C drive isn't an SSD, a junction is a good way to do this. We have added $100 Intel 40gb SSDs for several users with performance problems, as they come up.
Previous Topic: Local Mail deliver
Next Topic: Outlook 2011
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:18:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.