Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Update Error 28401 after update to KOF7.2
  •  
onalid

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
at the customer now, i want to update the clients to the compatible connector. 7.2 is installed on the server system.
Staring up Outlook 2003, confirming with YES to update the connector. The installation aborts then only on XP machines with error 28401 Sad
Any ideas? Embarassed

EDIT: 5 machines until now with the error 28401. All XP, all O2K3 SP3. Windows is up to date. All Kaspersky internet security 2011 but deactivated.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:47]

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It seems your Windows machines cannot update the certificate used for signing the installer. Right click on the installer .exe file, choose Digital Signatures and Details. You should see the installer file is correctly signed.
  •  
onalid

See attached file. How can it be solved or what can i do now?
[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/33xttte.jpg[/img]

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
onalid

Solved it!
"root certificate" (Stammzertifikate in german) was not installed in Windows Setup. Installed it and KOF installed fine & automaticly Smile
Thanks pdobry!

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
pwiggers

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life but I am experiencing the same problem.
We installed the Kerio Connector on several laptops and pc's which worked fine. However two windows xp sp3 pc's are giving me the 28401 error when trying to install the Connector.

We have installed the certificates but this didn't solve the problem for us. Is there any other advice that you can give us for solving this issue?

Kind Regards.

Paul
  •  
pwiggers

Problem solved. It was the .exe file that was giving problems. I have downloaded the .msi file and everything works like a charm.
  •  
systray

Update error 28401 after update to KOF7.3

One of our customers are affected by this issue since the version 7.2, and we are unable to solve it.

As pwiggers says, if you install the msi version (from download page), that let you install it... BUT, the problem is not solved, only is delayed until the next version.

We've tried to install the exe certificate without success, we've also tried to uninstall all the KOC components and reinstall the exe from server, but we finally always had to install the msi...

We need some kind of solution to allow the KOC do the automatic updates.
  •  
Kedar

A bugfix is planned to Kerio Connect 7.4.0

There are two possible workarounds:
Workaround 1:
Update Windows (Microsoft Update/Windows Update) and temporary disable antivirus and firewall and try to install KOFF again

Workaround 2:
Install KOFF from MSI package
  •  
systray

Thanks for the answer, we're waiting the new version!
  •  
systray

Hi, after months trying to solve the problem, today we've found a simple way to solve this issue Very Happy :

First i have to say that in our net, the computers have no internet connection.

The solution is allow internet access for these computers and try to do the automatic upgrade.
  •  
pcunix

systray wrote on Sat, 28 April 2012 06:55
Hi, after months trying to solve the problem, today we've found a simple way to solve this issue Very Happy :

First i have to say that in our net, the computers have no internet connection.

The solution is allow internet access for these computers and try to do the automatic upgrade.

Lacking Internet access does tend to make it harder to get things from the Internet Smile

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
onalid

Thumbs Up

---
Thanks, Andre
Previous Topic: Quarantined spam can't be filtered
Next Topic: Error setting IMAP service on KMS.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 14:49:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00537 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.