Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect compatibility with Mac OS X Lion
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Send a private message to this user
Apple is poised to start shipping Mac OS X 10.7 Lion this Summer. Is Kerio actively testing Kerio Connect with this new OS? I have tested Mail, iCal, and Address Book with Kerio Connect. The only thing that I cannot get to work is CalDAV. It looks like Apple may have changed the way that Addess Book works with CardDAV.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Sorry, we can't comment on that topic. NDA.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Howie Isaacks

That's unfortunate, but thanks.
  •  
oblaum

does it work now with the latest beta from the apple wwdc? for me is mail and calendar important (not so much the addressbook)

i hope kerio does the update this time faster. i know it's may not easy.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

I'm sure that Kerio will come through with an update. Apple moves very agressively, and it's sometimes hard for other developers to stay caught up. I'm sure that Kerio is working on Lion compatibility. That being said, I can report that CalDAV works great, and so does Mail. I had to manually configure the CalDAV setttings though. I haven't tested Outlook with Kerio Connect while running Lion.
  •  
oblaum

•  
spiggott

What settings did you use for CalDAV? I haven't had any luck getting it to connect so far. Same goes for Address Book.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

For "in-house", or colo hosted servers, use the complete server path for the server address:

mail.domain.com/caldav/users/domain.com/UserName

For hosted Kerio, use this server path for the server address:

mail.domain.com/principals/users/domain.com/Username
  •  
j.a.duke

kreatre2010 wrote on Wed, 08 June 2011 10:26
For "in-house", or colo hosted servers, use the complete server path for the server address:

mail.domain.com/caldav/users/domain.com/UserName

For hosted Kerio, use this server path for the server address:

mail.domain.com/principals/users/domain.com/Username

Can you clarify the difference? My assumption would be that the first (in-house/colo) would be hosting only a single domain versus the hosted choice where there are multiple domains on the same box.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
Howie Isaacks

When Kerio is hosting multiple domains, it stores the user accounts differently from how they're stored on a server running a single domain. Where I got this information is simply looking at the full server paths in iCal. You'll need to ask Kerio why there is a difference.
  •  
spiggott

Thanks, got iCal working. Address Book is a no go. Any thoughts?
  •  
Howie Isaacks

I've tried a lot of things, but CardDAV in Lion is a no-go. I suspect that Apple has made some subtle changes to CardDAV, so Kerio will need to release an update to deal with it. The key is to just make sure that your customers are aware of this, so that they're not calling you on a Sunday complaining about contacts not synching. I use Mobile Me for contacts myself, so I will be able to upgrade to Lion on Day 1.
  •  
pastachad

Anyone test Outlook 2011 with contact syncing in Lion? I'm assuming it would work fine, but I know where assuming gets me...

Chad
  •  
Howie Isaacks

My tests show that Outlook is working normally. Outlook is still using the current EWS service, which is not affected by Lion. The key here is that Outlook is not using Apple's native sych technologies. It is using technology built into Outlook.
Howie Isaacks

kreatre2010 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2011 06:52
Apple is poised to start shipping Mac OS X 10.7 Lion this Summer. Is Kerio actively testing Kerio Connect with this new OS? I have tested Mail, iCal, and Address Book with Kerio Connect. The only thing that I cannot get to work is CalDAV. It looks like Apple may have changed the way that Addess Book works with CardDAV.

Looks like I made a flub in my initial post when I started this thread. I meant to say that CardDAV is the only thing that I cannot get to work. CalDAV seems to work great in Lion. Of course, the auto-config script doesn't work correctly, but the manual settings that I noted in a previous post will work.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect, Lightning and CalDAV
Next Topic: iCal on iPhone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 06:14:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00510 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.