Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Out of Office with CalDAV/iCal
  •  
WilliW

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

is it possible to create out-of-office-events with iCal using CalDAV? I've only the choice between "free" and "busy". In Webmail I've more choices.

Is it possible to create a custom rule that sets Events with "Vacation" in its name automatically to "out of office"?

Willi
  •  
rickblackdog

I would like this feature as well... I don't think it exists yet.
  •  
j.turley

Its strange but the 'out of office' status on events isn't anything to do with Kerio/CalDAV.... its is a missing feature in iCal which is strange because you have the option in iOS based devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad).

Apple's iCal needs to be given an overhaul and improved. The interface is inconsistent and parts of it are poorly constructed. There are also glaring omissions like 'out of office' status, a year view and one or two more things that would make it great. We have an admin person here who checks where 80 people are on a daily basis and it is a right pain in the backside doing that now in iCal. It would be great if they could improve the delegation and also provide a daily list view for all with hours going from left to right showing events for that day (like meeting maker does)! That would be a killer in my mind.

Jason
  •  
j.turley

Ps. as far as webmail goes, it would also be useful to be able to set the users work hours like you can in iCal/Caldav.
  •  
WilliW

Thanks for the answers. I hope the new iCal in 10.7. will fix this.

Well, is it possible to create rules which automatically change every whole day event to out of office?
Previous Topic: Installing SSL certificate?
Next Topic: Invalid user GUID
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 18:42:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.