Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Experience with the new KOFF 7.2 (Has it gotten any faster?)
  •  
renefn

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I was very excited about the new KOFF which was supposed to consume less resources and be faster. The slow performance of Outlook when using KOFF is among the top reasons why we're continually evaluating if we should move to Exchange.

After the update then Outlook was locked for about half an hour when upgrading the local cache. That's not what the release notes states, because they say that performance will be degraded while the upgrade happens, not that you can't access Outlook.

I could see that it was rebuilding the FDB file but I was expecting to see a FDB file for every folder (at least every major folder) in my mailbox, but instead it still created a big FBD file and a BASE.FDB and another FBD file with a random name. Both only 1-3 MB's in size.

In my experience it hasn't helped on the performance but the memory use has dropped to a third. That's positive but since most of our computers have enough memory then that's not as important as speed.

What are your experiences?

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
rickblackdog

I don't have any qualifiable measures, but as you note memory use has dropped on client machines however speed has not increased. Most of my users are on outlook 2003, so I wonder if you notice a performance difference on later versions?
  •  
renefn

I haven't performed any benchmarks before/after the update, but Outlook is still very slow to switch Sent Items and Deleted Items when they have thousands of email in them.

We're using Outlook 2007 on a mix of Windows XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit machines.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
davide

Mee too I'm searching for a way to speed up Kerio, new version use less memory but performances don't change.

@kerio: do you have some suggestion to speed up the client?
  •  
soad

It is actually incredibly slow. I love Kerio but as for the KOFF I don't know how
I could recommend this solution to my customers. I run it using Outlook 2010.
Outlook takes 1 - 2 minutes to start initially. Switching between emails and various tabs is very sluggish.

Regards
Sebastian
  •  
rickblackdog

Some of my users have performance issues with outlook 2003, but nothing like MINUTES, more like 6-7 seconds changing folder. These are all running XP pro, so I've no experience in a mixed 32/64bit OS.
  •  
soad

Well, it is actually really only the initial startup that takes minutes.
But the general usuage is very sluggish.
  •  
renefn

What I don't get is that it was supposed to be faster in 7.2, or so I think I've read... I wonder what's the cause for the slowdowns is? I mean, all other email clients (IMAP and EWS) has no performance problems, so why is Outlook with KOFF so slow?

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: Norwegian webmail translation
Next Topic: MX setting
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:24:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.