Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Backup kerio mail server
  •  
apsogos

Send a private message to this user
Good Eveving,

I have a basic kerio mailserver and recently i install a backup kerio mail server on another server machine.

the network functions as below.

the basic kms fetches all emails from my provider server, all users sending and receiving from the basic server....
tha backup kms fetches email from my provider too with a different time distance....
and everything is fine....for the incomings .
I mean that if for some reason the basic kms craches... i will connect them to the backup kms so the inboxes with be full of fine.
My problem are the sended items where are not at the backup kms.
Is there any way (to synchronize the backup kms?)

thank you very much,

John

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2011 13:59]

•  
scottwilkins

Send a private message to this user
I use a more simple method. I use DFS Replication on Windows Server 2008. I have an identical server with Kerio installed, but not running. That way I don't need two licenses as required by Kerio using their method of server redundancy. Only negative is the manual requirement for switching servers upon server #1 failure. It's at least quick and easy.

This still may help in your situation. Check into some type of file syncronization software solution to keep both servers identical where needed. It should be easy since Kerio uses such a simple message storage method. Also, contact Kerio Support for that KB article on redundant servers if you haven't yet, it's a good read.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2011 19:56]

Previous Topic: Some shared folders do not appear in Outlook Mac 2011
Next Topic: Wired attachments when send a pdf-file
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 14:16:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.