Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Setup to evaluate (Initial finding - probs with shareing then errors with file uploads)
  •  
majorgas

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

I am evaluating Workspace for a client. They are not so savvy so I need to get a good feel for how suitable it is. We are looking at this a Live MESH [the boss's first preference] does not support > 9 users and... is terrible.

first up - it feels very nice and installation was lovely. I installed on older XP unit - with local network access only.

I quickly used the Admin to create several accounts then logged into the admin account and created some spaces / text pages and file repositories - as they a are looking to share documents among the group. I successfully installed the tools and uploaded several files. Edited them locally - saved changes to server- All nice.

I then tried to share a space/folder with the other users - but if I then log into their accounts - the shares are not visible. Is this normal?

Second - logging in using the others accounts - [and not seeing the shared space I had given them right to] I then create new spaces / pages for these users and try to upload some documents but now get error:

This problem can have two possible causes:

The server could not be reached.
You do not have the server certificate installed.

fileName:
E62_Exchg_Setup.pdf
errorCode:
IO_ERROR
errorMessage:
Error #2038

If i log back in with admin account - i get the same error trying to upload the same file.

Seems i am now stuck with the original 3 files successfully uploaded.. but unable to share [or see the spaces being shared] with the additional users.

Clearly i am doing something wrong - please advise.

Br M
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hello,

shared spaces/pages are visible only if you set the same access rights to parent space too. Is it your case ?
If the parent space doesn't have access rights, user can access the shared object using search field only.

The issue with error during upload will be fixed in next version.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
majorgas

Thx Jaromir,

I will check again tomorrow when with the client.

With regards the error - does this mean I can no longer upload any more files [after my initial 3]?

This would be a deal stopper Sad

Br M
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,

the error during upload happens only if you use HTTPS, because of some Flash quirks when handling certificates. Please look at this forum topic to get a solution:

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=19437&sta rt=0&S=a7ae81da34007ba3ee51e2ef065daaea

In version 1.1, we will no longer use Flash as the preferred method for uploads. We will use HTML5 file APIs instead.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
majorgas

update:

I now get the sharing - you share the top level space to be effective. Even if you share lower spaces or pages - this has no effect. you must share the top level space. This also means that it is not possible to share some pages with a use and not other - of the same top level space.

Sharing should then only apply / be an option from the top level space?

It does feel fast and solid. nice.

Br M
Previous Topic: Is using the folder metaphor to represent sub-spaces appropriate?
Next Topic: Share Level Permissions on Files in File Library
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 09:01:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.