Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » iPhone Clients
  •  
willoneal

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone been successful in connecting an iPhone client, such as Groundwire, to Operator?

No matter what I try, I can't get past the following error:

NOTICE[2158]: chan_sip.c:15242 in handle_request_register: Registration from \'\"Will O\'Neal\" <sip:woneal<_at_>op.host.com>\' failed for \'192.168.254.125\' - No matching peer found
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You should use the extension number as both the user ID and authentication user ID. Also make sure you use the SIP password associated with the extension.

Vladimir
  •  
willoneal

I've tried that. It's still not working. I opened a case with support.
  •  
steinham

Hi,
both Acrobits phones (iPhone applications) works for me.

Only problem i have with incomming calls "in background" and/or "with push" - this function can break registration. Please try to use only "On" or "Off" to ensure that all other things (Operator, firewall, NAT, etc.) are configured correctly.

Check attached PDF file with screenshots from my iPhone, from "Acrobits Softphone" app (is similar to "Groundwire")...

• Attachment: Acrobits.pdf
    (Size: 379.90KB, Downloaded 636 times)

•  
willoneal

Thanks for sending this, but I don't think it's a problem with my configuration of groundwire. Operator doesn't respond to anything sent on port 5060 from any 3g client for me. It ocassionally works for softphones on desktops, but never from iphone clients.
  •  
willoneal

Oh, to be more clear. Groundwire works fine if I'm on the same LAN as Operator. Once I leave the LAN, though, it ceases to work. Strange thing is, though, that the SIP channels from VoicePulse work fine - just no 3G clients.
  •  
MissKoRn

Same problem here.
On the same LAN as Operator everythings Works fine (Acrobits and Bria). But when I leave the LAN - Acrobits can not register on Operator.
We have no NAT and No Firewall

NOTICE[1701]: securityModule.h:252 in int resKerioSecurityCheck(sockaddr_in*, char*): KerioSecurity check 193.247.250.17 (uri:\"Jolanta\" <sip:22<_at_>212.254.200.160>)

Acrobits: Registration Error - Request Timeout 408

regards Jolanta

•  
steinham

I am little bit confused now, how exactly looks your configuration.
Can you describe it in more detail? You have Oppperator with public IP? What does "...same LAN as Operator..." means?
Use the private messages or e-mail if you do not want to publish some of the configuratiion data (IP etc.)...
I don't need usernames and passwords now, but some IP/fqdn and sumbets definition and what is on the way Operator <-> client...

Thank You very much!

•  
willoneal

Operator has a public address. It also has a private address on another ethernet port. I can connect fine to Operator as long as I'm on the same LAN. I cannot connect at all when I'm trying to connect via the public IP address.

en0:NAT to 192.168.1.2 on the firewalls IP address
en3:public IP

internet connection->firewall->operator on en0 (NAT)
internet connection->operator on en3 (public IP)

It doesn't matter what connection I try - it fails to connect to both of the IP addresses.
  •  
steinham

Hmmm...
Iam not absolutelly sure, but it seems that we really have some problem to serve multiple interfaces at the same time... :-/

I'll discussit with developers yet.

Iam not able to break SIP communication now, but admin access does not work on 1+ interface (only on eth0) even iam restarting box. Only one "hack" works for me in this case - unplug eth0 cable for a while...

•  
willoneal

If I understand what you are saying, we don't have that problem. We can admin on both en0 and en2, inside and outside of the LAN.
  •  
steinham

Yes, my symptoms was little bit different, but probably caused by same "problem".

Ti is that if you send packet/request to Operator from network segment which is not directly connected to one of eth, operator send response from DEFAULT route, usually eth0 so pckets are lost and communication is not established...

There are (maybe) two solutions of problem:

1) use only one interface, place Operator behind (inside) of nat, set up extensions and routes to go through nat properly (checkboxes in admin) and map services or configure DMZ for Operator machine

2) Use eth0 as internet (public) interface and eth1,2,3 connect to LAN - even this solution shoud also work (for small, simple LAN), IMO better is configuration described in point 1)

•  
willoneal

In testing your suggested solution, we now have en0 set up with a public IP address and en3 with a private address, connected to the firewall.

This has hosed everything up. Voicepulse will no longer connect at all. Our phone system is completely down.

We are trying another operator box. The problems we are having are DRIVING ME INSANE.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Dear Will

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that both interfaces are configured over DHCP leaving you with two active gateways.

As a result, Operator is unable to determine which gateway to use for outgoing communication and uses the first configured interface.

In order to fix this issue, please configure en0 as Static. Use the same values for IP Address and Network Mask and leave the Gateway empty. This should configure Operator to access your local network over en0 and serve public IP addresses over en3.

In case the issue lasts, please provide us with Support Information (screen System Health).

Kind Regards
Filip

willoneal wrote on Thu, 23 June 2011 11:11

en0:NAT to 192.168.1.2 on the firewalls IP address
en3:public IP

internet connection->firewall->operator on en0 (NAT)
internet connection->operator on en3 (public IP)

Kerio_Ken

I worked with Will and this is solved. We no longer need the external interface. It required quite a bit of work, but in the end we found a firewall problem. Once that was solved, it was a matter of doing the required port forwarding and configuration on Operator and the client apps.
Previous Topic: Iphone 3g (groundwire) incomming call problem
Next Topic: Call forwarding extension to external number
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:39:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00571 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.