Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Droid 2 Global - shared contacts (Do delegate contacts show up?)
  •  
brucemcl

Send a private message to this user
We use a Kerio account called "shared" for storing companywide contacts. It's a small company, and we want people to be able to add and edit contacts on this list. Other Kerio accounts are listed as delegates to the account called "shared".

This setup works well on webmail, Entourage 2004, and on Outlook 2011. With phones the results are mixed. Some Android phones can use the contact info in the "shared" account. Some cannot see the contact info at all. Some Android devices see the addresses in the Email app but not in Contacts.

Does anybody have specific experience with the Droid 2 Global? Does it display contact info in delegate accounts? Does this work for phone numbers and for email addresses?

I think this phone would make a good upgrade for the CEO, but without this ability I don't want to recommend it.
  •  
brucemcl

Answering my own question, I find the Droid 2 Global does support global search of contact folders you are a delegate for. This happens in the Contacts app, with the press of a "search everywhere" button.

I could not get this to work on the original Droid. However I found a free LDAP app that does the job. It's in two parts.

https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.prados.contacts

https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.prados.contacts.pro viders.ldap.generic.beta

In my research I was told about this Kerio webpage of officially supported phones. Click on the End-User tab once you are there.

http://www.kerio.com/connect/requirements

Note that the original Droid is on this list, even though my testing shows it does not search directories you are a delegate for.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

brucemcl wrote on Fri, 17 June 2011 20:51

I could not get this to work on the original Droid.

Droid with Motoblur cannot synchronize other calendars over Exchange ActiveSync or contact folders. This is a limitation of the device. But the contacts can be searched on the server when composing a new email via Global Adddress List capability.
  •  
brucemcl

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 17 June 2011 13:53

Droid with Motoblur cannot synchronize other calendars over Exchange ActiveSync or contact folders. This is a limitation of the device. But the contacts can be searched on the server when composing a new email via Global Adddress List capability.

Yes, I noticed that searching contact folders the user is a delegate for does work on the original Droid on our Kerio setup when composing an email.

I think there are several Android devices that fall into this category: GAL and delegated folders are searchable in email but not in Contacts app. The two free apps I linked to above can fill in that gap. Today I was able to set up a Google search widget exclusively for contact searches via the LDAP connection provided by those two apps. It's an easy, convenient way to add the missing functionality.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2011 23:27]

Previous Topic: Reveal creator of events on public items?
Next Topic: Incorrect name of the user or the password
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:40:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.