Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Login Username different than Email-Adress (is it possible to have a different User-Login from the first part of the emailadress?)
  •  
FFPR IT

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,

ok this question is little bit difficult, so i try to explain my setup first:

we want to setup Kerio Connect with two servers as a distributed domain, which uses the Open Directory for creating the Users from.

Normally, when having this, the user thats is created from the OpenDirectory, the username for the webmail login an the first part of the email address is the same like the shortname of the OD.

So the OD-User John Doe with the shortname johndoe will get johndoe as webmail login and johndoe<_at_>mydomein.com as an email address.

So far so good.

the problem is now: all our email-adresses look like this: john.doe<_at_>mydomain.com But the shortnames in the OD look like johndoe (without the dot).

So is there a way to define a different login-name for webmail but keeping the dotted email address? We allready thought about creating the useres inside of Kerio Connect with the OD Shortname, and than add a second address (with the dot) to each user, but in this case, the sender-adress of the emails would be the od-sername adress and the kind of adresses we used in past.

Thanks for your suggestions!

•  
id t

Hi

in the Options of the webmail, you can set a default email address. I've noticed that, if you set that field, also Exchange-like clients (iPhones with Exchange email account, Outlook with Kerio Connector) will use that settings as sender. Be sure to set it before setting the first client.

p.s. of course you have to create aliases (if the domain part is different) or add the correct email address on the user's settings from the admin console

regards
  •  
FFPR IT

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I tested this, but i cannot find where to define the default email-adress. when creating a new mail i can choose between the different adresses, but it allways uses the first adress available. Can you tell me where i can set the default-adress?

Thanks again!
  •  
id t

In Settings -> Mail, "Default From address" (we're talking about the webmail interface, aren/t we?)

a
  •  
FFPR IT

got it -> thanks - this solves all my problems. you made my day!
Previous Topic: SMTP Authentication via LDAP
Next Topic: Reveal creator of events on public items?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:54:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.