Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Download headers only.
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
So I've been testing outlook 2011 and getting ready for a roll out into an office of around a 100 users.

One of the issues we have come accross and I have expeiranced the same thing connecting to an exchange 2007 server, is that outlook is very sluggish with intial downloads of mail.

So setting up a new account causes outlook to just sit there and download mail into the account, but during that time outlook will not or receive any new mail. My guess would be because from what I can tell with ews the server is sending or pushing mail to the client and the client is not collecting the mail from the server. I assume then that because all the mail is being brought into the client the ews service is waiting for this to complete before processing any other actions.

So may way around this was to enable the option to download headers only which increased the performance of outlook connected to Kerio and or Exchange massively. The client is so much more usable and responsive now.

The only issue being is that with Kerio I get a subject and date download for the mail, but no from or to address in the header. So I need to click on the mail to see who has sent it to me or who I have sent it to.

Testing it with exchange 2007 brought in this information. I've tested it on two different Kerio servers. I'm going to submit a bug report, but has any one else experienced this issue and found a way around it. I'm hoping it's an issue with Kerio rather than Outlook as it means there is a chance of it being fixed promptly.
  •  
Michal Domnosil

Send a private message to this user
Unfortunately I've found this problem as well. Download headers only in that way is useless. I haven't got the problem in Entourage so I am afraid it's on the Outlook side.
Previous Topic: Shrink local Database
Next Topic: Email from Connect Backup Customization
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:09:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.