Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reveal creator of events on public items?
  •  
nbgrant

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to dig through logs and figure out what user is posting garbage on a client's public calendar.

It's all in fun, but it needs to stop and I've been tasked with finding out who.

Any ideas where I can look?
  •  
TorW

Although it's a bit unclear what you mean with "posting garbage", don't the calendar event have an organizer? It should be clearly visible in webmail if you open the event and look under the attendees tab.
  •  
nbgrant

No I mean our globally public calendar - think fridge calendar

All users are allowed to post to this calendar. Users are starting to post joke events and I've been tasked with finding out where the events are coming from. I can't find anything in the logs related to posts on the public calendars.

Can I dig back through logs to find this? Is this logged at all?
  •  
TorW

If you enable "Message folder operations" in the debug log you can see activity in the various calendars, but the user responsible for creating the event isn't logged (unless it's logged somewhere else I don't know of). However, when you open the event itself in webmail (or Outlook or whatever), the creator is entered as Organizer. It's also in the eml file itself on the ORGANIZER line:

ORGANIZER;CN="Example User":mailto:user<_at_>example.com

So don't look in the logs, look in the event itself.
  •  
nbgrant

There appears to be no "Organizer" in Outlook 2011, iCal or the webmail.

How do I find the filename for the eml file?
  •  
TorW

The eml files (the indvidual events) are in store/domainname/#public/calendar-name/#msgs. At least that's the path on Linux servers. They're clean ASCII and contains all the details for the event. To find the actual event, search in the files (grep or whatever).
  •  
nbgrant

Sounds good. I'll start digging.

I was hoping there was a quick way to ID the file through a client of some kind. Grepping through a huge public calendar will take some time.
Previous Topic: Login Username different than Email-Adress
Next Topic: Droid 2 Global - shared contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:23:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.